Thursday, July 01, 2010

Smocked Sundress - A Favorite


Yesterday I revisited the smocked sundress pattern from Heather Ross. I love these dresses so much. They are so perfect for the summer. Easy on & off. They wash & wear really well & they are super, super comfy & cute!


I picked up this lightweight cotton floral fabric from Joanns during a 60% off sale. I think it was a juvenile apparel fabric. Because it was a bit thin & I didn't want to worry about panties showing through, I lined it with a thrifted lightweight cotton in aqua blue. I already had the elastic thread on hand & so I think this dress cost me around $4.00.


These dresses are super easy to make & look so awesome. The elastic thread is really fun & easy to use. You should make one for your little girl. Thread is 50% off at Joanns starting tomorrow. Why not grab some elastic thread & make one this weekend?!

11 comments:

angelina said...

i just got my hands on weekend sewing yesterday. i cant believe i waited so long and patiently...i love the dress. love the fabric. bought the elastic thread ages ago and still havent used it, have been a bit scared to put it in my bobbin@@@@! love the glasses too:) way to go sewing! its inspiring me to do the same..

Heather at Blessed Little Nest said...

So cute, but I have to admit I'm completely intimidated by sewing with elastic.

eighteen25 girls said...

that does look comfy and it is super cute. i love the fabric. makes me wish i knew how to sew.

jamie

Amber Liddle said...

I just got a similar dress in the maternity section at Target and was wondering how I could make one for each day of this summer! They're not just for the wee ones :) I've never done smocking, I'm totally afraid of it. I may have to overcome my fear, it's too cute.

Natalie said...

will do! your girl is too cute modeling her sweet dress...

ringmaster said...

so so cute i want the same one for me please!

Kayanna said...

So adorable! Love this pattern too, my little girl loves these dresses. Thanks for the Joann's thread tip! I may have to take a trip...

Stacy said...

thanks for stopping by my blog! i've been reading yours for awhile now and always love to see what you are up too. :)

Ooty said...

super cute!

diane said...

you are really inspiring me to move beyond home decor and into clothes for my girls. the fabric is beautiful and I love the dress!

astitchinlime said...

This looks great, and so easy! I love it.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...