Thursday, August 12, 2010

Checking In

Thank you so much for all you sewing machine suggestions. It was nice to hear your feelings on different brands. My Kenmore is just not doing well, so I'm borrowing my Mom's Necchi until I figure out what machine I want for myself. Also, I've got to get some funds in order. :)

So, Project Runway is on tonight! I am really enjoying this season. When a new season starts, I never know if there are going to be any likeable contestants or if they'll all be super annoying. Right now I'm rooting for Valerie & Gretchen is my second favorite.

So I'm wondering if you sew while watching? I love to have a project ready to work on while I watch the show & I've got a few things swirling around in my head for tonight. Fun stuff!!



On another note, head over to the Southern Institute for Domestic Arts and Crafts blog for a chance to win a Home Sweet Home poster! Jenny is celebrating her blog anniversary with lots of really fun giveaways, so be sure to enter them all!

And while you're at it, check out Jenny's etsy shop Chopstix, where she's just come out with these adorable custom initial onesies. I think they're awesome & so reasonably priced. They'd make a great baby gift.


Okay, hopefully tomorrow I'll have something good to show you from my Project Runway sewing time tonight. :)

7 comments:

Reece's said...

well, since I am WAY ahead of the game this year, I have been sewing felt food for Christmas gifts while I watch T.V lately!! I am also going to work on a snowman cross stitch project and an advent calender that I saw last year made out of felt that I have been wanting to do for a whole year now!

Jenny said...

Thanks so much Candace! That was so sweet of you to tell people about my shop! And thanks so much for being a part of the celebration!

Genevieve said...

i love project runway! it seems like it should be a good season this year too. i always record it and watch it the next morning while projecting. favorite part of friday morning! and with the sewing machine- my basic singer just broke on me and i had to replace it. i found a great deal on craigslist for a pfaff and love it so far! i'm hoping to do a review and post about it soon. good luck getting a new machine! its hard huh?

Darci said...

i cant sew while watching TV- i wouldnt be able to hear it- and I hang on every PR word. I left a comment on the sewing machine post. I too need a new machine. last night i finally ordered the Brother cs6000i on amazon. Sounds like a great working better-than-basic machine at a fab price. lets hope i like it

守何何何韋 said...

生、死、窮、達,不易其操。......................................... ........................

8468 said...

唯有穿鞋的人,才知道鞋的哪一處擠腳......................................................................

Amanda said...

Never thought to sew while watching..Although I will agree Valerie is my fave right now. And Gretchen was ok until this last episode..not really liking her know-it-all thing she has going on....Glad it's back but I think I would rather have the model show over the new santino scarlet thing..Can't get through one of those shows..too weird.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...