Thursday, August 26, 2010

Exercise


Exercise is not something I'm driven to do every day. I'd rather sew. I'm learning that it's important & very much needed in my life though. I always start an exercise program when I want to lose weight. Then I give up after a month because I haven't dropped 10 pounds. Also, I use the excuse that I want to have another baby as a reason to not exercise. See, another pregnancy will wreck my body again, so why not wait until I'm done having babies to go through the work? I know. I know. I know just how ridiculous it sounds.

Well, I've been exercising steadily again for the past month & a half. I'm feeling good. I'm down a couple pounds, but I feel strong. This time I am using Jillian Michaels' dvds & I really love them. They're hard, but I like that.

Last night Dylan told me that he could tell that I hadn't worked out that day. I was totally shocked at this. He said that when I've exercised, I carry myself a bit differently, like I'm proud of myself.

I hadn't noticed it, but it must be true if he can sense it so well. And you know what, I am proud of myself! I'm proud of myself for having done bicycle crunches, squats, shoulder presses & 27 push ups!

It makes me happy & so I need to remember that it is important to have it in my life regularly. And if my body so happens to respond & change shape, that will be awesome too.

Also, just so you know...really cheap, I mean cool people store their dvds in old shoe boxes. :) Do you exercise at home as well? Which dvds do you like to use?

16 comments:

Jenny said...

Yes! I totally carry myself different when I exercise, and I am actually less up tight with the kids and my husband. It helps to relieve stress. I got a treadmill for mother's day a couple of years ago. I used to jog with a jogger, but when kiddo #3 came along I needed to find something else. I love running. I also do sit-ups and squats. Even if I don't lose those last few pounds, my body still feels good. ;)

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

I have her DVD's as well! One time my husband was making fun of me for how tired and hard I thought it was. I made him do it with me and he was DYING! (&he is a vey fit man! haha)
&I totally feel proud of myself when I make the time to exercise, and it does make you feel so much better after... it almost makes you wonder why ever dread doing it?!

Jenny said...

Good for you! It's so hard when you have kids at home and housework to do and sewing that you WANT to do. I have been burst training just about every other day and doing some pilates exercises on the off day (at least I try). I've actually gained 3 pounds... but I'm telling myself it's muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat right??

Amber Liddle said...

I have never been able to exercise at home, I have to go to a gym. There's something about actually going, parking, getting into my workout clothes and knowing there's a sauna afterward that makes it possible! At home there are too many other distractions, I can always find an excuse why not.

That's sweet that your husband saw how different you are on exercise days! It's good to know some change is going on even if we don't see it ourselves.

A. said...

Um, I don't think that sounds ridiculous at all. Probably because that's the exact same logic I use. :) I hate hate hate exercise and it is like pulling my own teeth without novocaine. But when I do it, I feel good. Should be a simple thing, right? (sigh) I recently got Turbo Jam, and I really like it. The instructor is ultra peppy, but I like that. It's good stuff. DH uses P90X every so often but I am scared of it, because it kicks his trash, even though he is like the fittest muscle machine on the planet (hubba hubba).

Shelby said...

Good work! Way to keep up with it and stay motivated! :)

mandiegirl said...

I haven't for a long time, but I'm going to start doing The Shred again....well, when I get this darn cast off of my foot. After breaking my foot, I've decided that I actually( and very strangely) miss being active.

Laura Wynn said...

I've got Jillian's stuff too. I looove it.

Millie said...

I find it difficult to make time to exercise for all the same reasons as you said. I have 4 kids including 2 year old twins...who are everywhere!
I sometimes get out for a walk or cycle after dinner in the evenings, but have found in the past, that being up early and doing exercise before breakfast sets me up for the day.

.::Our Waldorf Home Mama::. said...

ooooohhh gotta get excersizing hun! Thanks for the reminder!

~Samantha

sjones said...

I love slim in 6! Ican do it when the kids are taking a nap.

chanel said...

im not commenting on exercise, since i can't remember what that actually is, but i will tell i am soooopa cool cause all our dvds are in a big ol' gift box (had to find a way to hide them from B). love ya!!

Anna said...

Ugh...I need to start doing this again. For a while, walking my (very active) dog was enough. I think my body has gotten used to this now, and I need to do some actual heart-rate-raising exercise. I have The 30 Day Shred, how do the other Jillian DVDs measure up? I liked The Shred because it was a great workout in a shorter amount of time.

Katherine said...

I also have a heart on for Jillian and her videos. the 30 day shred is Fabulous.
I really like the Slim in 6 series, and totally love the cardio core disk. but I forget the name of the lady in them.

Candace said...

Anna,

The other DVDs are 40 min. workouts. They are pretty difficult as well & I rarely make it through the entire video. But it's still a super great workout & it's nice to change things up. I try not to do the same workout more than 2 days in a row.

I have SLim in 6 also & I really like those ones too.

Laura said...

I love the Jackie Warner workout vids. She's tough, but I feel great afterwards. Keep it up, it's great to feel empowered :D

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...