Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of School


I climbed in bed with Sadie this morning to wake her up. I kept squeezing her little body & brushing her hair out of her face. She stretched a few times & then woke up. We talked for a little bit & I asked her if she was excited to go to first grade this morning. She told me that she was a little scared because she would be away from me for so long. I assured her that she would be so busy that she wouldn't even notice. Mama on the other hand....


It happened so fast. We waved goodbye & she was gone. Then it was just Claire & I left to walk back to the car alone. I was really doing fine & then at that moment when she walked off, I was hit with emotion. It's always been like that & I'm sure it always will be. I asked Claire if she missed Sadie & she said "I want to give her a hug & a kiss." Me too, little one. Me too. I wish I could hold on to their little bodies forever. But there is also something really great about watching them grow up & become their own little people. :)

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm right there with you... I always get emotional. It's so bitter sweet to watch them grow. But watching them walk away from you is the hardest part. Pick up is always the highlight of my day!

katie said...

awww! this totally made my pregnant self cry! i've been thinking a lot about how fast paisley is growing up [she might be starting preschool next year, but i'm not sure yet...] it's so sad and amazing to see children grow up.

<3katie

the mama monster said...

my oldest started kindergarten today. i cried when i dropped him off, and embarassingly enough i just cried reading your post.

Amber said...

that was sweet! sadie looks so cute. i love her lunch box. we saw those at target & i thought of her! :) hope you and claire are having a nice day.

Heather said...

I love how you expressed the feeling of kids growing up. It was perfectly said.
PS Brandon had to have that lunchbox. So we bought it, and he packed and carried it to school as we dropped the kids off :)

rose said...

I teared up too... time really goes fast when the kids reach grade school. mine starts 2nd grade tomorrow... sniff. sniff.
PS I love Sadie's lunch box!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...