Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Holding Pattern


It's windy & hot & humid in Vegas today. I keep hoping that rain will fall. Summer is almost over. Only 2 more weeks until Sadie goes back to school. I don't know whether to feel happy that a change is on the way or upset that summer is slipping away. Part of me wants to stay right where we are for a while. Part of me knows that we all need a little change. The days can be long sometimes & tempers can flare from spending so much time together.

We have a few more fun family adventures planned before school starts again. So there are fun things to look forward to. I'm not going to be sad. Still, I feel nervous about Sadie starting first grade. It's a mother's job to worry, worry, worry. Right?

I feel like this waiting period is effecting my creativity as well. I'm tried of cooking the same things & tired of sewing the same things. A new season always brings new inspiration. Are you in a holding pattern as well? Or is it just me?

On a side note: Today is the last day to enter the Modern Marigold Giveaway for a $40 Gift Certificate. Make sure you get your comment in right away!

1 comment:

the fellers said...

it IS a mothers job to worry worry worry, you are right, I am sure I will be a basket case when Scoty goes off to school the first time! I am in a holding pattern, nothing is happening around here and I love when work starts up again and we all get into a routine, then things start to happen again!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...