Friday, September 10, 2010

Hug A Muslim


My beautiful & amazing friend of many years, Chanel, has been moved to start a wonderful project called Hug A Muslim. Totally upset with the hatred that is being shown to Muslims in our country, she has come up with a wonderfully simple movement. Chanel says:

"I went right up to them and explained I was appalled by the plans to burn Korans and I wanted to hug them and start a movement, begin the chain of peace that WILL counteract the proposed hatred. WE HUGGED! It was a beautiful thing. I now have a Muslim friend and they have a Christian friend and the world is that much better."

As a member of a religion whose teachings are often totally misunderstood & misconstrued, I feel very much a connection to American Muslims. Let's show the world that we are not all close minded, paranoid people full of hatred. We are human beings with an amazing capacity to love other human beings. Join in & spread some love. Share a photo in the photo group or help spread the word to your friends.

Let's be awesome together!

6 comments:

Heather at Blessed Little Nest said...

i love this!! what an great idea. i'm posting it to twitter to help spread the word.

Amanda M. said...

This is AWESOME! I have 2 very good friends from college that are Muslim & I LOVE them! It is all so misunderstood!
I am featuring your post on my blog. :)

chanel said...

thanks soooo much! i knew you're COOL readers would help out!!! you all rule!

Mrs. Sassy Crafter said...

awesome!!!! I agree with you and your friend, somebody told me that Nov.19th is hug a mormon day, do you know if its true? cause if it is I'm totally expecting hugs!!!! hehe =)

Amy said...

So well said! Thanks for posting this and reminding us all to be a little gentler and softer and kinder to each other! :)

PaisleyJade said...

haha - awesome idea! We have just returned from Israel and blew the Palestinian people away by cleaning up their streets for them (in a massive group of 150 Christians from all over the world).

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...