Wednesday, September 01, 2010

I'm Only Sleeping

She was not happy to hear that her "school" was actually at home. Which I had been telling her for a while, but I guess only clicked when we came back home after dropping Sadie off at her school.


She packed a lunch box & has taken it each time we drop Sadie off. It includes a capri sun, a fruit snack & a granola bar. As soon as we get home from the morning drop off, she sits down & eats the contents of the lunch box.


She didn't get any new school clothes & was a little bummed about that. So I promised her a little shopping trip on Monday. Just me & her. She liked the sound of that. She picked out this pink dress with ruffles. She called it a curly dress. She's now been wearing it for 3 days straight.


She fell asleep yesterday while coloring & I of course thought it was adorable. We miss Sadie during the day but are definitely enjoying this one on one time together, my Claire & I. :)


Why as mothers do we love the sight of our kids sleeping? It melts our hearts. It endears them to us. It is just the sweetest. I love it. And since naps are few & far between, whenever they sleep during the day & the light is good for photographing, I try to remember to snap a few. So I not only have a mental photo of the sweetness, but an actual photograph as well.

8 comments:

Me? A Mom? said...

We love them when they are sleeping because when they are awake they suck the life energy out of us. Did I just say that? :)

Amber Liddle said...

Yes, we have to have something that makes them look all sweet and innocent to get us through those times when they are horrible and we can't remember why we had them :) I have a 2yr old, can you tell? That's so sweet she has worn her new dress so much!

Sarah said...

That marker perched up while she sleeps. Oh, my! So sweet. A photo she'll cherish herself a few years down the road.

Amanda M. said...

oh, that is so sweet and precious. <3

Keri said...

Claire is adorable. Jenna's was the same way with Sydney being gone. I'm loving the time I have with Jenna, though...something we often miss out on with the 2nd child. My girls do the same thing with their favorite clothes, too.

Sassy said...

Now that's priceless!

chanel said...

AWWWWW
we call it "mommy school" around here, it helps if you have imaginary NAUGHTY BOYS that you send to the principal!
shes sooooo cute!

dana said...

Oh Candace, that really is the sweetest thing. I'm so glad you posted these. I never tire of sleeping kid photos. I think that when we see their little bodies in a peaceful state like that, it reminds of all the good things about them. We forget how crazy they made us all morning long and think about the high points. And sometimes, I can see their baby face in them...I can just picture how they looked when then were 2 months old.

Okay, I need to go look at my sleeping kids now...

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...