Wednesday, September 22, 2010

In My Head


* I'm not sure why photobooth makes me have a glowing white face, but I'll share a mediocre photo with you anyway.

* My birthday is coming up. It's going to be a super special birthday because the date this year just happens to be 10/10/10. I was thinking back, oh 10 or so years ago, when my friend Chanel & I were standing in the little kitchen in their apartment & she was telling me about my "golden birthday". The one that would occur in 2010, when all my tens lined up. We calculated how old I would be & it just seemed SO old & so far away. Now it's almost here & I can't stop thinking about how fast time goes by. How quickly the days & weeks fly by. And, I'm not too thrilled about turning another year older, but I'm not disgusted with my age, like I may have been 10 years ago. :)

* I want these boots from Target.


* I have been hard on myself lately. A little down that I 'm not accomplishing all I wish that I could, even though I am accomplishing a tremendous amount each day. Why, why, why are we so hard on ourselves?

* Our beloved printer that we print posters on gave up the ghost recently. We tried to repair it, but decided to order a new printer instead. We have a lot of fiddling to do to get the new settings where we want them. To get colors to look the way we want them to. It's annoying. But must be dealt with. The lack of sales in the shop due to the posters recent disappearance is bringing me down. I miss those "Etsy Transaction" e-mails in my inbox. I always knew that every sale was really exciting for me, I just didn't realize how much of a mood booster they are.

* I've got this song in my head.

* I'm waiting, waiting for fall, my favorite season, to kick in around here.

* I love all my blog buddies. Thanks so much for reading. Let me know if there is anything you'd like to see here. Have a great day!!

13 comments:

A. said...

I don't know why, but I loved this post. So real. And I do the same thing with being hard on myself despite having accomplished lots. One of my problems is that I forget to "count" the less tangible accomplishments as having accomplished something -- kissing owies, reading stories, wiping butts. If I put all that kinda stuff on my to-do list every day... wow. Then maybe we'd be getting somewhere.

chanel said...

i LOVE you. love love love! oh that tiny kitchen and all the fun times 10 years ago! we were so stupid to think that NOW we would be old. we're in the prime of our lives and soooo much better than those dumb young newlyweds we used to be!
and stop being hard on yourself, just enjoy your talents!!! you should see the curtains I made- yikes!! but such is life, at least they're made.

happyfind said...

LOVE the boots! I saw the exact boots for little girls as well in stores (my youngest wants one).

Oh I know how you feel... I have this ridiculously long list of projects and it kills me when I can't even finish one on time. It drives me bonkers...

the fellers said...

YAY for 10-10-10...last year Shon's birthday was 09-09-09...he was excited to renew his drivers license and I made him 99 cupcakes and took 9 balloons to work for him....I too am excited about fall!

Melanie said...

My birthday will never be that exciting! My mother-in-law is obsessed with numbers and would probably print you a poem to celebrate your especially golden birthday. I love mother-in-laws :)
Hope you get those boots!

amy said...

My nephew shares your birthday! I realized how cool this year would be for him while reading this post...he was born 10/10/1980, which makes him 30 this year = 10+10+10 = 10/10/10. He's only 1 year younger than me, so you think I would have known that beforehand, but oh well. I hope you have a great birthday!

Kate said...

I want those boots too.
You look gorgeous in that photo Candace. And I really can't work out which big birthday you will be celebrating.

Erin L said...

I have been really hard on myself too... Why do we do that?

Amanda M. said...

I absolutely LOVE those boots. :) And you're so pretty!

Emma Thomsen said...

Age is all in the mind, just be your authentic self! Love the boots, although not sure about the red zip up the back???

rose said...

Woot! 10-10-10! You'll have to let me know what you end up doing. All I know so far is that we're having brunch at my house at 10:10. Happy birthday to us! This is going to be a great year!
PS, I also love the boots, I think that is a great picture of you, and that's a good song to have stuck in your head :)

smartypants said...

What a lucky birthday date! The best I can do this year is 10/23/10...Just a little note, I've featured you over on my humble little bog this week. Thanks for all the inspiration! http://smartypants-luckylisp.blogspot.com/2010/09/steal-this-blog.html

:) Cheers!

sonya audrey said...

Hi pretty. :) You're my favorite!

I hope things get settled out soon! <33

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...