Monday, September 13, 2010

Sadie's Scooby Doo Birthday Party

This year Sadie asked for a Scooby Doo themed birthday party. We gave the kids temporary scooby doo tattoos as they arrived. The photo above shows this garland in action. :)


We played musical chairs to some really great Scooby Doo music. Then we had the kids make toilet paper mummies. We also made these cool marshmallow poppers, but I have no photos of that craziness.



The cake with Sadie's Scooby Doo toys. Velma was missing. We searched all over for her for a few days & she didn't show up in time to take her place on the cake. Dylan thinks she's on her hands & knees somewhere on the ground searching for her glasses that fell off. :)


I made a Jello poke cake with orange & lime for the inside of the cake. The colors & everything looked really cool when we cut into it. The jello cakes are typically frosted with cool whip, but it tasted great with the butter cream frosting.


Then the meddling kids had to tackle this swamp monster pinata.


Sadie had a great time & I think all the guests did as well. I'm glad it's over. Parties always stress me out. It's fun to have a little girl that chooses such fun themes, though. :)

7 comments:

Mrs. Sassy Crafter said...

so cute! My oldest is crazy about scooby doo, she has to see a show everyday, she wants her b-day party to be scooby doo everywhere, so I see what I can think to make it happen....thanks for sharing the pics!

Tanya said...

Nice to see a party that's fun and cute without being over-the-top crazy. Looks like the kids (and adults?) had a great time!

Domestically Sassy said...

One of my girls loves Scooby Doo and her birthday's coming up! I'm pretty sure she's watched almost all the episodes and movies.

The Smith Family said...

Emily had a Scooby Doo party for her 6th birthday too! So much fun! :)

rose said...

i love it! zoiks!

chanel said...

awesome! so many fun things- super cute theme, and love all the ways you incorporated it. you guys rule!!
must talk...some questions for ya....

Anna said...

Oh my gosh, what a great theme! I love how the cake turned out. You are probably right about Velma :-)

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...