Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Works In Progress

I'm loving this super sweet vintage sheet baby quilt top that I finished yesterday. When I get to this point, I like taping the quilt top up on the wall for a while. Just so that I can admire it & it helps me to decide on a fabric for the back & the binding.

This weekend we bought this table off Craigslist for $36. Yes, $36. Dylan was making fun of me for that one. They were asking $40, but we had $36 in cash on hand & I didn't stop by the bank on purpose, because $36 sounded like a better price to me. The sellers were happy to take what we had. So my plan worked. Ha!

I have plans for this table. It's going to be beautiful. Can you see it? Well, I can & I really hope it turns out how I'm imagining it.

And remember those chairs that I snatched out of the neighbors garbage? Now that the weather is cooling off a bit, I can get to work on those as well.


Shay said...

I like 36 dollar tables! I just like getting used/vintage/worn/etc items for super cheap. We found a dresser on the side of the road, distressed it with a hammer and some chains and stained it. I get so many compliments on it. Amazing, huh? You go girl!

Erin @ two more seconds said...

gorgeous quilt! are you excited about Dream On or do you prefer the real deal only? ;]

A. said...

Awesomeness! Love it all.

Amanda M. said...

I cannot wait to see what you do with the furniture. I just got a chair myself that I need to make a cushion for and repaint. I need a table - here's hoping I find one like your sweet deal! :)
LOVE the baby quilt, too.

Shay said...

Love the quilt top it is beautiful!! And I can't wait to see what you do with the table too1

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...