Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!


We meddling kids in the Mystery Gang would like to wish you all a very Happy Halloween!!


Our costume ideas this year all started with this little girl.  She currently has an crazy obsession with Scooby Doo.  You'll remember that her birthday party was Scobby Doo themed this year.  She decided months ago that she wanted to be Daphne this year.


I used the Simplicity 2437 pattern to make her Daphne dress.  I just added length to make it a dress &  lengthened the sleeves as well.  We found the boots at a thrift store for $4.00 & this girl was in heaven in that long red wig!  So cute!


So it was decided that if Sadie was going to be Daphne, then Claire wanted to be Velma.  Jinkies!


I made her skirt & turtleneck without any patterns.  I had trouble finding jersey knit fabric in the right color of orange & so I ended up buying a mens t-shirt on clearance (set me back $.60) from a discount store & cutting my pieces from that.  I could not find knee high socks for her, so we dyed a pair of little boy crew socks orange & then cut the heels out of & sewed back together. 

Claire didn't want anything to do with this wig for the longest time.  We were worried that she wouldn't wear it & that was bumming us out because we knew she would look so cute in it.  But once Sadie's costume was all made & she was prancing around the house in her dress & wig, Claire was ready to wear hers too!  Yay!  Isn't she the cutest thing?  It kills me how cute she looks as "Belma"!!



Sadie & Claire won Cutest Costumes at our church Halloween party.  :)


The girls wanted Dylan to be Shaggy (Zoinks!) & then couldn't decide if I should be Scooby or Fred.  We finally decided on Fred.  It was much more doable.  There was no way I was going to buy an adult Scooby Doo costume.  Ha ha. 

We have gone to different church parties the past 2 nights.  The girls have had a blast!  And I won't lie, it was super fun to be a part of a group costume theme.  We've gotten our fill of candy & are just going to hang out with family & relax tonight.  The girls have had so much fun.  I hope they look back & know that their momma tried to get their costumes just right because I love them so much.

I hope you all have a wonderfully fun & spooky Halloween!!  :)

19 comments:

Elle Belles Bows said...

Love family themed costumes!! You guys look so great! Job well done! Kerri

felicia said...

Oh my goodness so cute! And you make a great Fred :)

Erin L said...

Super cute! I was going to do a theme with "bugs" cuz Ana was a butterfly, but Jack took one look at the spider legs and made him and wanted Nothing to do with them. So, he wore an old cape that Dave's sister made for Dave when he was little. There went our theme.

beautifulladybird said...

These are great costumes. The pictures of the girls are ones they will look at when they are older and have fond memories. What special memories they will have!

alliehoopes said...

ahhh!!! I'd vote for you. I totally want you to move by me, rent a 70s van and let me take your family picture too.

Tanya said...

Great family costumes. Your girls are adorable.

Diane said...

I read your blog and rarely comment, but I had to tell you how much I love these costumes! They are so ridiculously cute. Great job! Your little girls are so adorable.

marisa said...

Too cute!

Heather at Blessed Little Nest said...

you guys look fantastic! you did such a great job with all of the costumes.

Kimminita said...

These are THE most adorable costumes I have seen. What great fun you must have had!

feathermar said...

That is awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

Nay said...

so great...ya'll did it perfectly!

motherhoodmusicandbeer.blogspot.com

giddygoat.com said...

I am stingy with my costume compliments but these are awesome!

chanel said...

holy smack! you guys RULE!!!!

cagio said...

this is so great - every little piece of it is perfect!

Lauralee said...

oh my goodness!!! I LOVE your themed costumes. You guys look awesome. And Claire is so stinkin' cute. They both are. That is so fun!

Hashi said...

Priceless! This is the best costume photo I've seen this year!

Anna said...

Oh my gosh...I am dying over how cute you guys look together! I love it!

Jen@eighteen25 said...

you guys looked so great!! you were my vote for best family themed costumes :)

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...