Friday, October 29, 2010

Winner & My New Baby

First an annoucement...  The winner of the Tollipop print is Chris of Pickup Some Creativity!  Yay!  Congrats, Chris.  I am so excited for you!  :)

Next, a few reasons for my lack of posts over the last few days:

1.  I am feeling slightly sick.  Trying my best to fight off this cold/flu that seems to be wanting to take over my body.

2.  Last minute Halloween costume making & school activities were keeping me busy.

3.  I've shifted my focus a bit to making, making, making in preparation for the Behind the Picket Fence Craft show in a few weeks.  It feels like everywhere I turn I have half finished projects staring at me, but not much completed.  

A little break from some things is necessary at times in order to feel like you're keeping up with your life & not running behind trying to catch up.  :)  The blog can always wait for a few days, right?

In really happy news, I welcomed a new member to the family this week!


I ended up ordering the Janome Sewist 500 & I am so happy with this machine!  I thought that perhaps the accent color on the knobs & such had everything to do with my choosing this machine, but actually this machine had all the features that I wanted at the right price.  Also this video sold me.  The turquoise knobs are just an added bonus.  :)

My favorite part of this machine right now is the foot pressure dial that allows you to lessen or increase the pressure of the presser foot, which is awesome for quilting!  Anyway, I've quickly fallen in love & although I've only used this machine for a few days, I would totally recommend it.  Yay! 

3 comments:

Chris said...

Feel better! Thanks so much again for hosting the giveaway, and enjoy your new machine. Can't wait to see what you create with it.

.::Our Waldorf Home Mama::. said...

Wow your that busy after having a wee one??!! You are an amazing crafter mama!!! I am so in love with your blog--- it's fantastic mama!

~Samantha

The Smith Family said...

Hey Candace! My mom got me a sewing machine for Christmas this year, I can't wait to try out some of your tutorials. You are so inspiring to me, I just love your handmade goodies. :)

Lorie

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...