Friday, October 15, 2010

Yellow Day At The Thrift Store


So yellow was the color at the thrift store today.  Isn't it crazy how often there tends to be a color scheme in your thrift purchases?  These prices reflect a 25% discount that I got for showing my Goodwill receipt from the previous week:

3 yards yellow cotton fabric $1.49
yellow striped ruffled bed sheet king size $3.74
vintage wire bowl $1.49
yellow pumps for dress up shoes for the girls $2.99
plan toys alligator pull toy $.74

total paid $10.45


I am over the moon excited about this striped sheet.  It will make an awesome quilt backing.  I was also stoked on the wire bowl.  I see these all the time but never in the best condition & at the right price.  This one looks great & I couldn't beat the price.


I couldn't resist a self portrait in the bowl reflection.

I heart thrifting!

12 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

That striped sheet is amazing! So pretty and yellow is such a cheerful color. What a find.

kate said...

What great finds! I went thift shopping today and found nothing even remotely cool! I think I need to make a trip to the states to go thrifting...Canada's stores are awful...

ringmaster said...

isn't it funny how you have things that are attracted to you either by color or scheme! i keep finding vintage globes!

Christopher said...

Wow, that Plan Toys alligator is a steal!

Campfire Chic said...

Cute 'gator.

A Serenade for Solitude said...

Now those are some awesome finds! I, too, shop in color moods it seems...:)

I want to go thrifting now.

Emma Thomsen said...

Ooh yellow! My favourite colour! :)

lula honey said...

the bowl is very, very awesome :)

ladydazy said...

I heart thrifting too! You bought great finds!!!

busy mom said...

I am starting to buy sheets, etc. for fabric now. It is cheaper than buying fabric by the yd. I bought a dark brown queen flat sheet last week for 1.99 for hb hunting quilt. I thought it would make a good backing.
I then went over to walmart to price some deer fabric( I don't know where else to look for it) and the fabric was 4.95 and up per yd.

Nice you have, with nice tips.

EightBabyLegs said...

i love plan toys for my little guy, so i know for sure that $.74 for that pull alligator was a huge steal!

digging the vintage wire bowl, too!

♡ Ambrosia said...

Yellow is my favorite color...but it has to more of a mustardy~yellow like what you found today!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...