Sunday, November 28, 2010

I'm Thankful


In all honesty, I started Thanksgiving week off feeling blue.  I'd been a little preoccupied & I allowed myself to have a good ol' pity party.  Turns out all I needed was a few days with my family & no other worries.  I didn't intend to take such a long blog break, but it was much needed as well.  I feel so relaxed.  So ready to take whatever is coming next with positivity.

Tonight we sit in the glow of the Christmas tree lights.  My cuties have clumped all the ornaments at the bottom of the tree.  I'm going to enjoy it that way for a little bit before I go back and distribute them evenly.  I am so very blessed.  It's overwhelming how thankful I feel when I look at all I have.  The depression comes from worrying about what I don't have.  But it's silly.  Because I really have it all.

4 comments:

A. said...

I love the way a few simple days with family can make everything better. Yay for clumped ornaments - that will come soon enough for us, I'm sure - for now we keep them all on the top 2/3 of the tree, lest the ornaments end up scattered (and in pieces) all over the house...

chanel said...

calling you today!
you're nice to enjoy the clump of ornaments, i switched ours quick and didn't even take the time to "enjoy" it. you're so good at keeping perspective!

Mrs. Sassy Crafter said...

it happens to all! We worry so much about the things we don't have, but we forget that what is really important is right beside us, and we don't even notice....I'm so thankful for my family and friends, because they make everything so much better, I couldn't imagine my life without them....Hope you had a nice thanksgiving!!!!! =)

Anna said...

"The depression comes from worrying about what I don't have. But it's silly. Because I really have it all."

I can definitely relate to this! I pray every day that God will help me to remember and be thankful all of the blessings I have, and not dwell on the things I do not have. It's not always easy to remember, though.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...