Friday, December 10, 2010

Clip On Dress Up Earrings Tutorial

I cannot take credit for this idea, but when I saw that a friend had made these dress up clip on earrings, I knew that my girls would totally love them.  These are going in little bags inside their stockings & I'm pretty sure they're going to flip out when they see them.  These are a really great last minute handmade gift idea.

So I'm going to show you how to make your very own for the little girls in your life that love all things dress up.

You are going to need some rhinestones, clip on earring bases (my package says 3/8" steel ear clip nickel), a glue gun & you may need a pair of wire cutters.

The only clip on earrings that I could find at my nearest Joanns craft store had a little loop on the front of them, which is used for attaching anything dangly like beads.  I didn't want any dangles so I cut them off with my wire cutters.

So now you just have to attach the rhinestone to the clip.  Open your clip on earring.  With your hot glue gun, just run a line of hot glue down the back of the rhinestone & place the front of the earring clip in the glue.  Hold it for a minute until the hot glue starts to dry.

And it's just that easy!  You've got a pair of fancy, sparkly earrings that any little girl would love.  How cute would these be made with vintage buttons?  You could really get creative.  And I even modeled a pair for you.  :)  Fun stuff!


Bree said...

Adding another thing to my Christmas handmade list... So great for little girls obsessed with earrings (and whose mamas aren't ready to get them the real thing yet)!

Kara said...

what an awesome idea! i am a mama of 4 girls, so i def need some good DIY tutorials!

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, thanks for sharing, this so awesome. I can't wait to make these for my girls!

StacieMac said...

How fun! This is a fabulous idea; thanks for posting it!

Jenny said...

Brilliant ! And perfect for Abby's stocking! And maybe me too. :)

Hello Again Vintage said...

cute holiday handmade craft. :)

lingering daydreams said...

I love these. Very fun. You got me thinking that you could do the same thing with buttons for another look. Thanks :)

HJC Editor said...

Your earrings is an awesome inspiration! Many thanks for sharing. I would like to feature your designs at

Contact me here if you have a concern.


Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...