Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Martha's Big-Batch Vegetable Soup


Yum!!  We had this Everyday Food Big-Batch Vegetable Soup last night it it was super good!   The recipe says to use 8 cups of mixed fresh & frozen vegetables & gives some suggestions.  Last night we used what we had on hand: carrots, yellow squash, green bell pepper, frozen corn & a can of pinto beans.

Everybody loved it.  Well, except Claire.  She didn't eat it at all, but she never eats dinner.  Never.  So frustrating.  But Sadie loved it & she ate her whole bowl.  I see this becoming a weekly meal that makes use of all the vegetables we have on hand.  Hooray for healthy yummy goodness!

7 comments:

Olivia said...

We use this Martha Stewart recipe as well! I can mix it up a million ways with different veggies and I always have leftovers to freeze for another time!

Liv said...

I love vegetable soup, I'll be saving this one for later.

I also have a child who doesn't eat dinner. It's a bit ridiculous, ok, very ridiculous.

Dawn Trest said...

that looks amazing! vegetable soup is my fave!!!

*TRINE* said...

gosh...its only nine in the morning here, but seeing this picture makes me want to eat soup immediately!!!

xoxo Trine

Lia said...

Exactly the kind of recipe I'm looking for. I'll have to check it out.
Thanks!

brlracincwgrl said...

I love veggie soup! :). Especially on cold winter days! I'll have to try this one out! :)

ashleyd! said...

love this! i've gone to the website and printed! thank you!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...