Thursday, December 02, 2010

Spray Painted Holiday Wreath DIY Tutorial


I've become a bit addicted to spray paint recently & thought it would be fun to try spray painting a fake evergreen wreath for a holiday decoration.  So I started with the wreath I picked up at the thrift store for $1.50 & a can of off white spray that I had left over from a previous project


I gave the wreath a good sparying.  It was hard to get all the little needles completely covered, but I was fine with a tint of green showing through.


The only other supplies I needed were some gold glittery floral picks that I purchased at joanns for 50% off, some ribbon for hanging & my glue gun.  I was able to purchase the glittery floral stuff & the ribbon for about $6.50.


Next you just get to work hot gluing your floral pieces onto the wreath.  Oh!  A pair of wire cutters comes in handy here so that you can cut your fake flowers down & arrange them however you'd like.



Then tie a ribbon around the top for hanging & you have a completed holiday wreath for way less than you'd pay in the store.

3 comments:

stephanie said...

oh, it's pretty!

Heather at Blessed Little Nest said...

wow!! so pretty!

The Smith Family said...

This is beautiful! One of my favorite wreathes that I've seen so far this season by far and one that I'd attempt to make too, looks like it wasn't very hard. :)

Lorie

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...