Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Little One


She's not always open to hugs & attention & such.  Which I totally understand.  I'm the same way.  "Open" & "closed" are the words I use in my mind for the different moods.  There are times when we just need to be left alone & I've written more about that here

She's more open in the morning & more closed in the afternoon and evening.  I think I follow a similar schedule.  As a mother though I often have to open myself back up for my kids.  They need me to be open whenever they need a snuggle or attention & I am most times fine with opening back up. 

This little one has an exception too.  She's always open for me as well.  She rarely pushes me away when I squeeze her little body tight & kiss her cheeks repeatedly & push my face into her warm neck.  I guess that's one of the perks of being her mother.  Our relationship is special like that.

I asked her the other day if I could just kiss her face all day long.  She thought that was a little bit overboard.  For now I'm taking advantage of her openness with me at this stage.  I realize that this little face will continue to grow bigger along with that body & mind & personality of hers, and one day she won't be so open & willing to let me cuddle her to death.

22 comments:

Chris said...

I love that your personalities are similar, and that you look similar as well. My baby and I are the same way.

threeladybugsliketoplay said...

I'm visiting from V & Co. Love your postcard set!!!!!!! Very creative. :)

Jacqueline said...

=) Sounds much like my wee one. Enjoy it! Anddddd V&Co sent me over!

Rileys said...

Love being introduced to new blogs!

Amy said...

You're little one is adorable! I'm here from V&Co, I sure would love to win one of your prints to hang in my house!

sbcmom said...

She beautiful! Enjoy that openness - it's priceless. I'm thankful V & Co. introduced you to us!

Yerim Lee said...

Visiting from V&Co!
Your little one is so cute! Love that photo!

shira said...

Visiting from V&Co!
You have an adorable family and products to die for

Rachael said...

I have a 7 mo old and I just cannot stop kissing those cute cheeks of his either! Don't know what I"m gonna do when he gets older... Gotta enjoy it while we can. :)

Patty said...

Hi Candace, I'm coming from V's giveaway to tell you that you have great legs!! Thanks for the giveaway.

Lani said...

love this post!!!!! I can definitely relate to the "open & closed" moods with my daughter and myself.

Francis said...

I have a daughter that is almost always closed. I look for those chances when she does let me get close enough to squeeze!

:: Andrea :: said...

i try to snuggle my kids excessively every day because i know one day they won't let me!

Lee said...

I am over from V and C's blog. Love your blog and shop. Your garlands are really great!

Jen O said...

I really like your profile, because I believe in those things too! Love your style. I came from V's blog to visit. :-)

Charlie, Courtney, Kate, Lucy and Sam said...

la. la. love your la. la. posters!
i told v and co... and they said that i should tell you, too!
blessings.

lise said...

Love your site and your little one. Found you via Vanessa C

Kimberly said...

She is so stinking cute. I miss her.

Emily said...

Hi there! I stumbled across your blog, via V and Co., and this post is so sweet. I am a newlywed, and we're not planning for children anytime in the near future. When I think about starting a family, and becoming a mother, I get nervous beyond belief. But sweet little posts like this one make me excited for when the time is right.
What a sweet and beautiful little lady you've got. :)

Tamara said...

so sweet...i miss those days of when my daughter was "open" more! she's 16 now, and while she's not totally "closed"...."open" isn't the same. by the way i'm here via v. and co. AND gussy. love your etsy shop! the flag garlands are wonderful!

Paula said...

Visiting you frequently, now I am over from V and C's blog. Love your blog and shop. Yr princess is beautiful!

Kimberly said...

What a cutie! A very sweet post. Love those bunny softies you made for Easter...so cute. I am over from v and co. and love being intro'd to new blogs.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...