Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pregnant Barbie


This year for Christmas, we decided to have the girls buy a gift for each other.  We thought it would be a fun tradition to start & would get them off their thoughts of receiving just for a little bit.  So we took a trip to Toys R Us & split up when we got there.  Dylan took Sadie & I took Claire & we headed to opposite sides of the store.  Hoping to help the girls find something special for the other without getting caught by the other shopping team. 

Claire & I looked through quite a few aisles before she spotted this pregnant barbie doll.  I must mention that this is an off brand doll.  Not a Barbie really.  She dropped whatever she had previously picked out for her sister & insisted on getting this pregnant doll, which came along with a dad, a little girl, a stroller & tons of little accessories.  She was on sale & priced just right & honestly I think she's awesome, so we took her to the register & brought her home for Claire to give to her big sister.


The girls have gotten tons of play time out of this thing.  They love it!  Check out all she does...Her big belly pops off & what do you know!  There's the baby.  Then you can take the little baby out & flip her flat belly back around.  Presto chango. 


Plus she has a nice white bra & panty set.  So that's super awesome & it's particularly thrilling when I find her laying around with these hot pink exotic dancer like heels on.  She's amazing.


She also ended up in Sadie's writing journal for school.  I wonder what her teacher thought when she read 'pregnant barbie'


Anyway, there you have it.  Just a few adventures of pregnant barbie.  What do you think?  Awesome?  Or just too weird?

33 comments:

The Hunter's Prize said...

That is Awesome and totally creepy at the same time! I might have to get that for my niece.

Linen and Tulle said...

I think it's awesome. And much better than a stork.

Sarita said...

Ummm ... Totally awesome. I would have LOVED this when I was younger. Actually, I'd want it now, but my husband would probably be creeped out. It's even a little cooler than the "pooping" dog that Ree's daughter from the Pioneer Woman got for Christmas. Love it - in all it's creepiness!

Olivia said...

Definitely awesome. One of my twin girls has a not-so-secret crush on my own growing belly but I think she may be too little to truly understand there is an actual BABY in there! This would be perfect for her!

Sonia said...

omg, awesome! Wish they had this when I was a kid. I used to jus roll up fabric and put it under my barbie's dress.

Rae said...

oh my word, I am rolling on the floor. That IS awesome.

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

I think it's awesome. Though you may have to explain to your girls that's not exactly how it works! LOL

Also...where's my "flip over back to flat" tummy?

a.darling said...

oh man I totally remember having one of these when I was little! that was ages ago, I thought they got rid of these, but I loved the mess out of her! It's kinda creepy how the baby is just chillin in there, though.

Jenn Girl said...

Both!

Our Busy Little Bunch said...

That's awesome! Now I'm going to search for one for the next little girl birthday in this house . . .

Our Busy Little Bunch said...

I did a quick search and there was a Midge doll with preggo belly released in 2002, she was a part of a set ~ husband Alan, older brother Ryan, and Doctor Barbie. But Midge was recalled because there were too many complaints that it encouraged girls to get pregnant.

SO . . . it's okay to encourage our girls to look beautiful and dress up, but not to have a family and a baby? Wow.

chanel said...

freakin dope... and HILARIOUS!
lauren just saw it and said whaaaaaaaat?

Haley By Hand said...

When I scrolled down and saw there was an actual baby in the tummy, I did one of these: Bwah hahahahhaahahah!
It's awesome.
And pretty weird.

J Jones said...

I wanted one of those when I young, I dreamed that someday they would have one and here ya go they do!

Sarah said...

Ha ha, that's awesome!

Kim said...

i'm dying laughing over here!

Kina Baddorf said...

I gotta say, I laughed out loud reading this post and looking at the pictures.

Martha Carolyn said...

Love it! LOL

Izzatul Iman said...

haha... its creepy when it comes to dolls which get pregnant. this also gives the wrong idea of giving birth to children...

well...at least it hasn't come to where I live...

Jenna said...

we have one of those! i actually bought it for my niece when i was pregnant. its a real barbie and her prego belly is magnetic, and the baby fits right in there. what i really like is that she has a wedding ring. at least barbie has SOME morals right? we LOVE this barbie now that its been passed on to my daughter. it sort of let me off the hook for explaining how baby brother was going to get out of my belly....ask barbie. ;)

dana said...

That is the craziest/weirdest/coolest/most bizarre thing I've ever seen. Thank you for posting pics!

Mrs. Rogers said...

Did she come complete with stretch marks becuase that would just be the icing on the cake!

Jess said...

awesomely weird, I would say! hehe!

Lauren Ebanks said...

HAHAAHAH! WOW! I think that Barbie is awesome yet too weird for a child's toy...I mean what about when they ask HOW the baby got inside of Barbie?!
Uh Oh...:o

Louise said...

I think I was just a little sick in my mouth!!! Yuk! Mind you I wish I could just turn my tummy inside out and get a flat post pregnancy tummy (does 5 years still count as post pregnancy?!)

Kindred Spirits said...

First of all I thought it was weird but as I read on I got to love it, original if nothing else, I live in Australia & probably wont get one here!! x

Elizabeth said...

I think its cool! Thanks for posting it.

angela said...

Totally Awesome! I am so going to look for that!

Jessica said...

wow. heehee! if only it were that easy to snap on a flat belly after having a baby. ;-)

Sewing-Chick said...

Awesome :) Now what's weird is a teddy bear made out of placenta (I actually saw that online the other day), and those anatomically correct birthing dolls!

HarmlessColor said...

I think that's really funny. Your post made it so glamourous ;-)
I would have loved a pregnant barbie as a child, we were always figuring out ways to make ours have kids anyway!


harmlesscolor.blogspot.com

ringmaster said...

awesome!

Blahhhhh:)) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...