Friday, February 11, 2011

From the Archives - Valentine Garland

Sharing Some Love - originally posted on 1/18/07

I know it's a little early for this, but I had this craft idea in my mind & today Sadie & I executed it. So here's our Valentine's heart garland which is now hanging over our living room window. I'm quite happy with it. Happy with the time we got to spend together doing something & happy with the joy that it brought to Sadie. She has been staring up at it saying, "Sadie made that!". So cute. I hope that she does follow in her mom & dad's footsteps (and grandparents) and enjoys making things with her own two hands.




Sadie was 2 years old when we worked on this craft. We used some paper heart cutouts that were purchased at Target.  We glued on feathers, ric rac & rhinestones & colored with markers.  I punched holes in the sides of the hearts so that we could string them together using a ribbon.  We used dried macaroni noodles for spacers.  I still have this garland & I love it.  Reminds me of that apartment in Idaho, when Sadie was little & it was just me & her hanging out together during the days.  :)

1 comment:

beautifulladybird said...

This is a really sweet post! I just made Valentne's with my girls yesterday.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...