Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day


Valentine's Day is really a holiday that I don't care for.  And I only feel slightly guilty for feeling that way.  It's just not my thing, I guess.  The boxed character cards from the store for two bucks work just fine for the kids school parties & I honestly feel proud of myself for not spending more money or time.  I admire other mothers that go to great lengths to make clever, unique, handmade cards with their kids.  Like I said, it's just not my thing.  I suppose my thing is laziness.  :)  Or perhaps it's I'm too busy with other stuff-ness.  Oh well! 


Something I do care for though is garlands.  Why on earth do I love garlands so much?  Who really knows.  I made these small tissue paper pom poms (using this tutorial from zakka life) while watching Thursday night TV on NBC.  We are so happy that Parks & Rec is back on, but that new show, Perfect Couples is terrible.  Am I right?  Anyway, the pom poms seemed to go pretty quick & before I knew it I had a nice little pile of them.  They'd be great for party or wedding decorations.  :)


And the newest additions to my vintage linens stash.  Most of these were found by my sister that lives in Southern Utah.  Pillowcases for 10 cents & 25 cents.  Wish we had those prices here!

I hope your Valentine's Day is full of love & happiness.  We are having take out for dinner tonight, which has been our tradition for the last few years.  Hooray for a simple night at home.  :)

9 comments:

the paper nest co. said...

LOVE the pink and orange floral! :)

Shae said...

Oh Candace, I love the garland, I'm going to have to try one too. And I totally agree with you about Perfect Couples, I switch channels during that show! And the vintage linens are awesome, I wish we had some better thrift stores around Vegas, although I like the Deseret on Craig. Maybe a road trip to St. George is in order!

Lorena O'Neal said...

love those pillowcases. I've found some great stuff at Deseret Industries and Savers. Think "Pink Sante Fe" :)

Anna said...

Sweet garland!
I completely agree about Perfect Couples. I love all of the other shows in the lineup, can't stand that one!

Jessica @ Sunny Tuesday said...

That garland is so cute! I have the sheet with the pink roses - I just cut it up today to make a crib sheet! :)

Michelle said...

I swear, I could have written that first paragraph of this post myself because I feel exactly the same way. I feel a tiny bit guilty, too, but not very much. Thanks for letting me know that I'm not the ONLY mom out there who doesn't really do Valentine's Day! I'm not bah-humbuggish about it, we do celebrate holidays, and we love the changing seasons and all of the crafts and traditions that go with them. But Valentine's Day? Not so much.

But garlands are good any time! They're simple and festive and fun!

The Smith Family said...

This is so pretty...I think I might have to try and make one. :)

Lorie

halatok0ua said...

Candace, LOVE the garland. Über sweet.

Eva Scott said...

I {Heart} Garland too! My friends make fun of me but I could make some garland for any occasion! It instantly makes a room more fun! ;-)

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...