Monday, March 28, 2011

Holdin' On Together

A few weeks ago Dylan & I laid in bed in the dark & chatted a bit before rolling over & falling asleep.  I mentioned something about the Raisin Bran that I had eaten earlier that day.  And we had a short discussion about the amount of raisins that ended up in our respective bowls.  Mine had way too few.  I guess that's one of the drawbacks of pouring the first bowl from a new box.  The raisins have already settled towards the bottom of the box.

I remember Dylan saying, "Oh man.  We are so old."

Seriously, laying in bed at night talking about a Bran cereal.  It made us laugh.




 Then a few days ago the topic if Raisin Bran came up once again. 

"What's different about this Raisin Bran?" I asked.  "Did I buy a different brand?"

After a short discussion we came to the conclusion that we very much prefer Post Raisin Bran over Kelloggs Raisin Bran. 

Again the comment was made that we are old.  However the shared belly laugh that followed made me feel not so old at all...but young & happy & in love & connected to my partner.  And for some reason I don't want to forget our current infatuation with Raisin Bran.

10 comments:

Natalie said...

Rasin Bran never sounded so romantic. I always tell this guy over here how glad I am that we are old and boring now. Took a lot to get to that point and It's right where I want to be. Thanks for sharing. :)

eva vercauteren said...

This is a prove that even the most silly conversations with your partner mean something. It's lovely!

the fellers said...

I LOVE this post! So true!

tweed fox said...

that story made my day. i have have odd discussions with my boyfriend like that all the time. stuff we should save til we're 80, like fiber and foods and whatnot... but it is healthy to discuss and silly and fun to talk about and laugh together about. as long as you guys are laughing together, no harm. :) just fun.

Duzza Bear said...

No no no! Kellogg's are way better. You have to shake the box up and down to work the raisins up to the top. I saw that tip on tv and it has proven to be quite useful. I once had a box with too many raisins and my husband and I had a scintillating conversation about how that happened. It was really strange.

Lia said...

I love regular couples. We need more in this world.

Melissa Ann Barrett said...

lol this made me laugh, and I know the feeling I always add raisens to my raisen bran : )

Keri said...

I agree, Post is better. I think being able to have conversations about something that seems so silly are what make our relationships great.

Marty J. Christopher said...

What makes you not old at all is realizing that that's an "old" conversation to have. My mom doesn't get that. That's why she's truly old (72). You're just having a quirky conversation about a healthy food choice. : O )

Michelle said...

I love this. It reminds me of me and my husband.. only 22 with 2 kids but we feel so old... and our conversations sound completely lame. haha but i would not have it any other way. that's deep love.
I'm so glad you blogged this.. it is just a sweet reminder of love.

oh btw. not sure if i've ever commented but... pretty sure i've been reading for quite a while. even have you on my sidebar of my fav blogs haha.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...