Thursday, April 14, 2011

DIY Magnetic Tray - Take 2


Here's another take on the DIY Magnetic Tray.  See my first version decorated with vintage floral fabric right here.  Once again I started with a metal serving tray that I found at the thrift store for a buck or two.  This time I spray painted the tray blue & then with a brush painted a design on the bottom, which I totally copied from Rachel's awesome toy box


I am totally embarrassed of my freehand painting job.  I am not a painter & so it looks a bit like a child did it.  However, I'm pleased with the overall look.


This tray is intended for use in the office or studio & so I attached a magnetic bulldog clip.  Can I tell you how much I love bulldog clips?  Tons.  I think they're cool looking.  :)  Anyway, this tray with it's magnetic clip can hold a calendar, a to-do list, notes, pattern pieces, swatches, etc.  I think it's a pretty addition to the office or studio & it's an easy way to add a pop of color.

14 comments:

Holly C. said...

I really love the tray, but I also LOVE the colorful thread in the milk glass. Beautiful! :)

ringmaster said...

i am loving these!!!

Suzie said...

You should not be embarrassed about your paint job--this is really cute!

RachelDenbow said...

It looks great, Candace!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Love it! Sometimes the most simple paint job looks perfect! ~Val

Moments In Time said...

I actually thought the paint job was a stencil until you said differently! I think it looks great. I have two trays, I'm gonna try one.

L.J. Libiran said...

What a wonderful idea! That would actually make a great Easter gift instead of candy. The baby blue color is perfect.

Jess said...

this is gorgeous! I love the color especially, but the painted pattern makes it pop!

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

So cute Candace! love that color too :)

thumbed up! ;o)

happy crafting!
Linda

Mallory said...

Super cute, it's such a simple but handy idea, and I love the paint job on it!

SewTara said...

Oh it's awesome!!!
The lines look great! Clearly the handiwork of an artistic adult! :)

Vanessa said...

This would be a great thing to put on my fridge. I'm going to go hunting for a serving tray now. Thanks for the idea!

Mandi @ make it dear said...

awwww so pretty!

Marty J. Christopher said...

What are you talking about?? I love it!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...