Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Sunshine


We are having gorgeous weather & the sun is helping me to feel alive again.  I'm feeling so grateful for the warmth & the light.  Hopefully soon I'll have a nice glow across my cheekbones & collar bone.

I've struggled a bit lately as I try to get back into work. Still feeling behind on the housework/organization & the shop. Stress easily sets in as I think about how much I used to be able to do & how much I'm able to do now. It often feels like I'm so buried under backlogged work that I'll never get out of it.

Today I'm reminding myself that I just need to be me.

I don't need added pressure from myself, for goodness sakes!! I get done what I get done & that's good enough. I decided yesterday to drop it all & just move forward with positivity. Perhaps the sunshine helped me with that.  I know this step will help me to be more productive in the end.  I'll have better focus & my heart will quit racing as I think about all that needs to get done.

And I'll just continue to have a love affair with the sun for now before it gets scorching & miserable. :)

I hope you are remembering to be good to yourself as well.

10 comments:

Lia said...

So true. The right frame of mind makes all the difference. Give yourself a break, you will feel better and the work will get done. Or it won't. Really what is the worst that can happen.

Michelle said...

I remembered this also the other day also when the sun finally showed itself. its funny how much pressure we put on ourselves..and i hate when I find myself feeling the same.
But you said it perfectly.
Thank freakin goodness for the sun, huh. :)

Shae said...

Enjoy the nice weather because it will soon be too hot to do anything but complain about the heat. And don't worry about not doing as much as normal, you are making another human being after all, think of it as a GIANT project that you are working on 24/7!

Jessi said...

a timely reminder thank you :)

i really hope you can just be you and enjoy the sun!!

:)

Honestly, Rachel Marie said...

jealous of your sunshine!

Jodi said...

Beautifully said :) I wish the sun would come and visit us up here in SLC, Utah!! It has been rainy/snowy/cold. Looking forward to nice sunny weather.

Lauralee said...

The sun also makes me feel that way. Alive and calm. I too get easily stressed out over the to do pile that grows faster than I can finish it -thanks for the reminder to let it go. I guess I need that sunshine here!

Calla Lael Photography said...

OH so very true. Being a momma, I often forget about to use the things I am teaching my daughter for myself. Thanks for the reminder to soak up the sun and relax. :o) Sent over from the giveaway on Kiki Creates. Not sure if all you gals were supposed to post something on Thursday as I just realized that's when the post was dated. I'm up late - lol! Anywho, got yourself a new follower. Great blog - thank you!

Nidia said...

I am so excited over the giveaway, it would be great to win! :D

Nidia said...

I follow you via Google! :D

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...