Monday, April 25, 2011

A Tea Party For Claire


This weekend my sweet little Claire turned 4 years old!  We celebrated with a dress up tea party with her cousins & a few friends.


Throwing birthday parties really kinda stresses me out.  So we tried to keep it easy & low key.  I purchased some real china tea cups & saucers from the thrift store.  We decorated the table with a few flowers that we purchased from the grocery store & I hung a few flag garlands from my shop.


The food was all displayed on adorable cake stands that my sister made.  We served tiny turkey or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, strawberries, cantaloupe, crackers & cheese, veggies & ranch dip, and chex mix.  Our tea was a delicious fruity punch.


The kids were all such good eaters & were so polite.  I think the fancy table setting & dishes had something to do with that.  :)

We played a few games.  The kids went on a treasure hunt in the yard & each found their own sheet of stickers.  Then we did a prize walk.  Kinda like a cake walk, but instead of winning a cake when we called out their number, they won a prize.

Finally we sang to the birthday girl & she crossed her eyes when she blew out the candles & thought it was hilarious.




I couldn't love her more.

9 comments:

~PJ said...

Happy Birthday little girl, what an adorable party!

Marty said...

What a cute party! And your daughter is adorable :) Mine turns 4 in October. This is such a fun age--they get so goofy and zany! lol

chanel said...

fun!
lauren said, "ooooooo, thats a good idea!"
love it.
she looks like YOU so much in the shot where she is laughing!!!

Suzie said...

sooo sweet!

HarmlessColor said...

The party looks so perfectly simple and delicious. I like how you didn't go over the top with everything but made it pretty and inviting.

Reece's said...

That last picture looks like a 4yro YOU!!!

Natalia said...

What a cute little party :)

Kimberly said...

Oh my heck! Im so jealous i couldn't come! Claire is so stinking cute!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Awwww! She is adorable! I love the tea party theme. My neice had a similar party at 5 and the little girls were so adorable and dainty about everything! ~Val

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...