Friday, April 08, 2011

Thrifting Report


A sure sign that my morning sickness has eased up...I went to a thrift store!  I just couldn't help myself a few days ago & stopped in at Salvation Army.  Check out my finds:


I found two solid bed sheets to use as sewing fabric.  I've started shopping for solids in sheets because I can often find better colors than my local craft store offers.  These two are in great condition, are a nice sturdy weight & you just can't beat the price per yard that it works out to be.


I also found this pretty vintage sheet with two matching pillowcases.  I love the large scale print & think it would work perfectly in a whole cloth summer picnic blanket or quilt.


Two pretty vintage Pyrex plates.  Nice.


And four vintage Mikasa mugs.  They are such a gorgeous color of blue inside.  Love them.  A few years back I found a creamer in the yellow color.  I just love this Mikasa design.  Feels old & special but so modern at the same time.


In all they're a great group of finds & I only paid $10!  Plus the color combination of everything together makes me happy.

Have you had any thrifting luck lately?

11 comments:

Carmella said...

Oh, morning sickness :( I am just now getting over it myself, after 4 months! Great finds, I love the vintage print sheet set!

creativecarmella.blogspot.com

tweed fox said...

the salvation army and goodwill near me raised their prices! Its hard to find things. good for you!

Autumn Hathaway said...

great finds! I love a good bargain.

So many Ideas not enough Time said...

I get so jealous when I see the things that you find when you go thrifting. Still haven't found any wonderful thrift stores here in Hawaii.

Tania said...

I love seeing what others are thrifting. The sheets are amazing, you certainly have a knack for finding good ones. Also the cups are awesome. Good news that the morning sickness is easing :)

ringmaster said...

while out on a trip to the thrifts last week i found dozens of vintage linens! i thought of you when i saw them! if i didn't already have 2 giant tubs of vintage sheets (just waiting for projects) i would have bought them. i need to use up my stash first! i did score a floral suitcase! i never find them!

lindsey said...

I've been meaning to stop reading blogs on my phone (makes it impossible to make comments easily) so that I could come over and tell you "Congratulations" on the baby on the way. I'm glad to see that you are feeling up to some thrifting!

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...

Nice finds!! I love vintage sheets and pillowcases-the fabrics are just gorgeous!

nirintorn said...

nice finds""""""I like the vintage-style clothing as well. This stylish looked warm . But the neighborhood not rarely.it's beautiful

Kelly said...

I never seem to have much luck thrifting - I'm living vicariously through you!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...