Friday, April 22, 2011

Upcycled Kitchen Rug

Happy Earth Day!  I just love Earth Day & so I whipped up a little project in honor of the day. 

I haven't had a dishwasher for 4 years.  You think after all this time I'd learn to appreciate hand washing dishes, but I haven't.  I just hate doing dishes.  But that's beside the point.  The point is, I spend a lot of time standing at the kitchen sink.  Lately my feet have been hurting from standing there on the hard tile floor.  Perhaps this has to do with my pregnancy weight gain.  So... I decided to make myself a little rug to act as some cushion for my feet!

This cute little rug is made entirely from repurposed materials.  Remember the solid colored bed sheets that I purchased at the thrift store earlier this month?  i just knew from the moment I bought them that that grey & mustard yellow needed to be used in a project together.  So all of the solid fabrics are from thrift store bed sheets & I backed the rug with an old towel that I was planning to get rid of.

It's not perfect.  A little wonky.  But I love it.  It looks great in the kitchen & my feet will thank me for making it!

Also, I love stripes.  :)


BB Goad said...

I love it too! The colors are perfect:)

Nicole Miazgowicz said...

Yeah, those really have to be the best two colors together! Love that you repurposed an old towel:)

Lorena O'Neal said...

great idea! very chic rug :)

~april said...

this rug is perfect!!! i have been saving some old towels because i wanted to make a rug from them, but i couldn't figure out how to make it look, um, saved the day! this is what i want to do! thank you!

Sara said... I know what to do with those old towels! Thanks. :)

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Love it Candace! Big thumbs up :)
happy crafting!

~april said...

i made my version inspired by yours! thanks!

Kelly said...

So beautiful! Want to send one to me? OH, thank you!

lindsayhutton said...

Is it possible to order one of these from you? No, I'm serious. :)

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...