Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Baby Boy


I got Sadie out of school early yesterday.  She, Claire & I met Dylan at the doctor's office for my 20 week ultrasound.  I'm at the halfway mark!  Woohoo!  Anyway, it was so special to have my family there.  I loved that the girls were old enough to be a part of it. 

The technician immediately started taking a look at the baby's gender.  It did not look like what we were used to seeing.  Dylan & I gave each other a look.  But then the technician told us that the umbilical cord was in the way.  She thought she was seeing a boy though. 

We continued to look around and I was so very happy to see that all was developing well & that the baby is healthy.  We were then able to see that yes, we are definitely having a boy!


The whole boy thing is very exciting but also very strange.  This is all new territory for us, but I think that as soon as I get used to the idea, I'll be ready to jump in. 

I was just so surprised at how my heart melted at the sight of his adorable little head & profile.  Because I had to wait longer for this pregnancy & this baby, everything is definitely felt deeper.  I'm so thankful for the blessing of this experience & I can't believe I'm going to have a son!

We have a series of ultrasound photos where his hand is on his forehead & then it's tucked behind his head.  I'm so curious to see if he will sleep that way once he's born.  He's just the cutest.  :)

30 comments:

Gingiber said...

Yay! Congrats on the little boy!

GynnaB said...

Little boys are the best!!! Congrats!

Anna said...

A brudder(as Claire says)! Congratulations :-)

Erin L said...

Congrats! Boys are fun. A lot less drama in my experience. I totally get what you mean about feeling things deeper with this one. I am going through the same thing. I am excited for you!

amanda b. said...

oh, yay! i'm so happy for you and your little family! boys are so sweet....and can be fun to shop for, too.

Biz said...

Yeah!
I still have about 2 weeks until we find out gender! I'm so excited!
And I'm excited for you!
Biz

memmens said...

Wow congratulations, I had 2 gorgeous girls and then my boy - oh wow, they are just the best! He's now 18mths and just the cutest monkey! Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well. x

feathermar said...

Congrats! Congrats! I hope you are feeling great!

chanel said...

love hearing the joy in your voice. he IS cute! he already looks like one of YOURS. love it.

holly p said...

Congrats Candace!! How exciting to be having a little boy :)

Olivia said...

Congratulations to you and your family! How wonderful!

joolee said...

congrats!! boys are a WHOLE different ballgame! :)

Kayanna said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you all. :)

amy said...

Congratulations, Candace! What a blessing, a baby boy... welcome to the club of 3!

Jodi said...

Congratulations to you and your family! How exciting :) I came from a family of all girls and we had a baby girl first. I was so excited when my second one was a boy and it was definitely so new to us as well!

craftattacks said...

Congratulations!!!
I have 2 boys. They're suuuuper!

Tanya said...

Congrats! Boys are so sweet and fun. You're going to enjoy having one.

Auntie M said...

Congratulations! I have two boys and love love love all the boyness and fun in the dirt! I can see that it would take a bit to picture a girl in the mix though. It would take time getting used to the idea, but it would be great!

Ankhs said...

Congratulations on your baby boy!

aPearantly sew said...

Congratulations! I have two little boys, and they are such fun!

:: Andrea :: said...

Congratulations! What a blessing to be able to experience that with your whole family there!

Amanda M. said...

Congratulations!!! What wonderful news!

Lauralee said...

So exciting! Congratulations! I'm so glad everything looked good, and a BOY! yeay!

Lia said...

How perfect. Congratulations.

marisa said...

Congrats! Boys are the best! I was blessed with 4 boys and then had my little princess!

Karen said...

Congratulations! My son had his legs crossed in the ultrasound. He does it all the time now.

Michelle said...

I'm so happy for you! I love my boys. I know you will love experiencing a son and all that goes with it. Congrats.

Bridget said...

congrats! i am pregnant w/ a boy due in july and can't wait. also, your shop is LOVELY!

define1lady said...

Congrats on your baby boy! He'll have so much fun with your beautiful girls!

Jenn Kirk said...

Congrats Candace! And how exciting to be adding a little boy to your family!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...