Thursday, May 12, 2011

On Deals & Couponing & Swagbucks

Look what arrived on my doorstep yesterday.  I paid $8.32 for this box of diapers.  For reals.  That's 6 cents per diaper!

Did you know that I'm a deal diva?  I looooove getting a good deal.  It makes me feel super, super awesome.  Saving money, paying way less than I should have, keeping more money in my bank account....I love it!

Anyway, let me fill you in a bit on how I got this big box of teeny tiny diapers for so cheap.  I follow a few couponing/money saving blogs.  One being my mom's blog, The Centsible Couponer.  Perhaps this is where I get it from.  Maybe I got the deal diva gene from her.  :)  Another one of these blogs that I follow is My Frugal Adventures & when I saw this post about diaper deals on Amazon, I thought the Pampers deal was too good to pass up.  I followed her directions & registered for Amazon Mom  & Subscribe and Save.  Shipping was free, so with the promotion + a $1.50 Amazon coupon, this box of diapers would have been $16.34.  But I had a gift certificate balance of $8.02 that I had earned through Swagbucks that I was able to apply.  Making my total just $8.32!

Now, let me just tell you how much I love Swagbucks.  You just register & search through the swagbucks search engine & you earn bucks that you can cash in for rewards.  I always cash mine in for $5 Amazon gift cards.  Then I let them accrue in my account until I'm ready to spend them.  Currently I'm earning about $10 per month in Amazon gift certificates through Swagbucks.  My plan is to continue to apply these towards diaper purchases.

Cool, right?  I just love a good deal & I'm thankful for all the bloggers out there that find the deals for me!

Please excuse my unmoisturized hand, but look at this adorable, tiny diaper!  It's crazy just how excited I'm getting for this baby to come & I still have 4 more months to wait.  It'll go by fast, right?  That's why I'm already stockpiling diapers when they go on sale.  :)


Amber Liddle said...

I also love a good bargain, so good job on that one!! And you can never start stockpiling too early. I thought I had all this time during my pregnancy and then my water broke at 31 weeks and I realized how unprepared we were for the baby!

chanel said...

OH MY HECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You rock at savings, that is super exciting.
Um, it kind of hit me reading this that you're having a BOY, a little weewee is going in that diaper! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! FUN!

Carmella said...

I love SwagBucks!! And I love those tiny diapers...our house will be filling up with them soon 4 months and counting :)

jess said...

You can definitely never have too many diapers! I also love getting good diaper deals on amazon! You've probably seen on those blogs that sometimes you can get 20% off coupons from Parenting magazine? I haven't seen any recently, but I've used probably 3 in the last 8 months.

I hope the 4 months don't drag out too long for you!

AprilMayAugust said...

If you are ever interested in trying cloth diapers, just send me a message. A MUCH better value! :)

phalloeun @ growing grandbergs said...

Yeah for loving frugal blogs! I am in in the Bay Area have have been smitten with The Frugal Find. With her hard work and instructions, we are starting to see some savings. I've only been doing this for the last month and I am so thankful for blogs like that! So excited for you!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...