Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Summer Pasta Salad

My sister, Amber, made a delicious pasta salad for family dinner a few weeks back & I had to get the recipe from her.  Turns out it's a Betty Crocker recipe called Do-Ahead Summer Pasta Salad.

I could not understand why this pasta salad recipe only called for 1 cup of uncooked penne pasta.  I used more like 4 cups.  You kinda need more pasta to add quantity to this salad, especially if you are taking it to a barbecue or party where there are lots of people to feed.

Dylan really likes a pasta salad that I make with a bottle of Kraft Zesty Italian dressing, so I may try this one again with the bottle dressing & see how it goes over.

Anyway, it's a yummy & pretty salad.  Great for the warm months ahead.  :)


Anna said...

Yum! Pasta salad is definitely one of my spring and summer favorites. I'll have to give this one a try.

PoodlePoddles said...

Looks yummy! :)

Aleks said...

that looks so yummy. i agree, i would have added more pasta too. one cup in my house is like half a serving. we like our pasta here. mmmmm.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...