Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tiny Pants


Seersucker pants.  They're the first thing that would come to mind when I thought about dressing a little boy. 


They really are the simplest to make.  I pulled this tiny pair together last night.  They are super tiny.  Like newborn size.  I'm sure that I'll be making lots more simple elastic waist pants like these through my little boy's baby & toddler years.


There's a good pattern for these pants in Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing for Baby book.  I used the same technique but in a smaller size. 

Do you remember that I said that I would sew everything in that book if I were to ever have another baby?  Well, consider these pants a start.

6 comments:

Tanya said...

Aww, seersucker is such a cute choice for boy pants. Love 'em!

grace said...

SO
CUTE!!

Kat said...

i actually made those pants for my baby boy with the same fabric, but used made by raes big butt pattern to accomadate his cloth diapers. I was thinking to also make a matching sunhat.

Amber said...

Very cute! You are going to end up making so many of these for years to come! Pretty soon you'll be able to do them without the pattern even, they are that easy. My son is 6 and I'm still making them!

Amber Liddle said...

I was just about to say you should check out Made by Rae's big butt pattern, I see someone already said that :) That's the pattern I've used for Otis, the 0-3 month fit his tiny preemie butt perfectly!

Lily Magnolia said...

Hi there! I just made a pair of these last night and love them! I would like to make a newborn size but I'm not sure what measurements they would be. Would you be willing to email me the size in inches you used??

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...