Monday, June 20, 2011

Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches

For a special Father's Day dessert, I decided to make chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches.  I love these things & I buy them in the store every now & then, but I've never made my own.

I used my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.  It's my family's recipe.  I started baking cookies from this recipe when I was 12 years old.  I love them with all my heart.  Here's the recipe:

Chocolate Chippers

1/2 c. shortening
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. flour
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 6-oz pkg. chocolate chips (semi-sweet)

Cream shortening, sugars, egg & vanilla until light & fluffy. Sift together dry ingredients, stir into creamed mixture; blend well. Add chocolate chips. Drop from teaspoon 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

I tripled the dough recipe & was able to get 4 dozen cookies out of it.  I used my handy cookie scoop so that each of the cookies would turn out the same size.  Then, once they were cooled, I put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on one cookie & kinda flattened it out with the back of my ice cream scoop.  Then I squished another cookie on top.  Each were individually wrapped & then  put back into the freezer to harden back up a bit.

They turned out great!  They were eaten & loved by all & I felt happy for having made them.  :)

Yum, yum, yum!


Eline DM* said...

Delisious !!!

Eline DM*

katie said...

these look seriously amazing! my husband would love them!

New Duds said...

so yummy! I love making homemade ones ;) I will have to try your cookie recipe, I have been searching for a good one and those look super tasty!

Marty said...

I LOVE trying chocolate chip cookie recipes, I'll have to try yours out!
I have to with a history like that! :)

Ang said...

I make these for my dad who can't have wheat gluten. I just make gluten free cookies (which taste...pretty good, but not quite the same) but the ice cream makes the flavor WAY better :)

rebecca said...

these look DE-licious Candace! :)

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

YUMMERS! thumbs up
happy crafting,

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...