Thursday, June 02, 2011

Thrifted Mirror



I actually went to the thrift store to drop off a bunch of stuff, but I couldn't visit without going in & looking around the shop.  When I came to this mirror, I stood in front of it for quite some time trying to figure out if I wanted to buy it or not.  It's pretty heavy.  The price tag said $15.  With the 10% off coupon that I got for donating that day it would be $13.50.  I decided that I couldn't leave it & in the end it came home with me.

It's been sitting on the floor in my living room for a few weeks now & I've really fallen in love with it.  Wondering now what my hesitation was in the first place.

Now I'm thinking about if I should paint it or leave it this gold color.  What would you do?

10 comments:

kalanicut said...

That's a tough decision. I have purchased a few things lately w/ the intent to paint them and then changed my mind when I got home. I would say paint it if it works better in the space you want to use it in. If you can use it as it, keep it that way, at least for a while.

Whitney said...

I usually always say yes for painting, but that looks pretty good. I say ditto to comment above.

The Hunter's Prize said...

I think it would look great painted!

Unless you have a spot in mind where the gold will be a nice addition.

Michelle said...

I would for sure paint it!

rachel said...

Paint it - even if you made it silver or distressed white, i think it would really improve it. it's very cool!

Lani said...

I would paint it. I think everything should have extremely bold color. I'm not a huge fan of metallics.

Dear Spring Green said...

Paint! I have two gold mirrors waiting their makeovers this summer. I think I will do what Rachel said above- or a variation. White over silver with some peeking through. Or yellow! A nice buttercuppy yellow. I do the same thing. Although, I have found I have to put whatever it is in my cart, tote it around a bit, and then decide. Otherwise I get home and think, 'Oh no! I forgot to go back and get _____!' I blame it on my lost brain cells from having children!

Cindy J said...

Paint it!!! :)

Marty J. Christopher said...

Don't paint it! I love it just like that. So pretty.

Kari said...

What a BEAUTIFUL mirror! I think you'd be fine either way...but I would paint it a fun bold color!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...