Wednesday, July 13, 2011

5 Things


I'm 30 weeks along now.  I feel large & in charge.  Well, mostly just large.  Really large.  The summer heat has been really hard on me.  I'm trying not to be a total grouch all the time, but man.  I get cranky when I'm hot, pregnant or not.  Trying to drink lots of water & make sure that I take my vitamins.  I'm wearing elastic waist skirts & maternity t-shirts every day w/ no makeup & my hair pulled back in a pony tail.

My belly aches at times as things continue to stretch, mostly on the sides.  My legs are really tired by the end of the day.  I feel like they're telling me that they can't go on any longer.  I feel particularly weak in my knees & ankles, but that's just at the end of the day.  Braxton hicks have been in full effect for this whole pregnancy.  I definitely feel like I feel them stronger this time around than I did the last few times.  Those tightening contractions are much stronger & much more frequent at the end of the day as well.

I'm feeling fat, but I'm actually okay with my weight gain so far.  I'm up 25 lbs. from my pre-pregnancy weight.  10 more weeks to go & hopefully I can keep the weight gain under control.  I'm a little concerned about fitting into my maternity clothes through the remainder of my pregnancy.  This is definitely my most challenging pregnancy physically (I think just because I'm older this time) but I'm hanging in there & trying to be the best I can.  :)


I could not resist these little sneakers from the GAP for the baby.  Sometimes boy clothes shopping is not so bad after all. 


I made tie-dye shirts with the girls yesterday.  It's a summer activity that I've been looking forward to for a while.  They were so, so, so, so excited to make these.  I have no photos of the process, because it was quite messy.  After dying the shirts they had to be washed & these little cuties sat in front of the washer & the dryer waiting for them to come out.  They were beyond excited.  Fun stuff.


Claire's little comfort item, her "little pillow" has seen better days.  It used to look like this.  It's been hugged to death & is just disintegrating. She's slept with this pillow since she was a little baby & I've already repaired it once before.  Now, after 4 years of love from that little girl, it was just not repairable.  So she picked out some new fabric & we whipped up a new "little pillow" for her.  Nothing fancy, but it works.  She was happy to hand over the old one in exchange for this new, plump one.  I'm going to put the old one away in her memory box.   I think it's so sweet.


I made something new for the shop recently.  Pretty cloth napkins from vintage sheeting fabrics.  They are double sided with a different fabric on each side of each napkin.  I think they are darling & charming & I just love them.  I have a couple of sets available in the shop right now.

Hope your week is going well.  Thanks for sticking with me through this long mish mash post.  :)

17 comments:

Natalie Marie said...

you are beautiful!

Kimberly said...

I haven't seen you in so long... now that I see your belly! Love it! and the girls shirts turned out awesome!!

Lynne said...

You look fabulous! Hang in there... pregnancy is tough but worth it in the end :)
Love the baby shoes!

sandandstarfish said...

are you seriously not wearing makeup? agh. i'd kill to look that good!
love how the shirts turned out!

Natalie said...

Oh hang in there! Sounds so similar to my third pregnancy. You are almost there. :) Isn't pregnant-hot so much worse than just regular hot?

Erin L said...

I am feeling the same way about my pregnancy. I've had a lot of people tell me that #3 was way harder physically than #s 1 and 2. And I've been having way more braxton hicks too. Only 4 more weeks for me. I heard recently that there are only 3 things you should say to a pregnant woman: you look so good, why don't you sit down, and here have a cookie. I can't say the latter two, but I"ll say this: You look so good!

chris said...

Candace you look lovely! Your hair has gotten so long. Hang in there. You don't have too much more to go.

Tania said...

Yes, the third time can be challenging. But you're looking great and accomplishing despite the discomfort. Not too much longer!

wdmk said...

you look so cute!

chanel said...

such a cute belly!! wow- you are really having a baby!!! i know it, but not seeing you everyday makes it not real, that picture makes it real!! you look so good!!! honestly, man! and your hair is LOOONG!! What up Rapunzel?!?
CUTE shoes!
And those shirts are the BOMB! I looked up tie dye and said no way- you're way funner!

we need to talk!
love ya!!!

Carmella said...

It's like you just read all of my pregnancy thoughts :) I am almost 29 weeks with #3 and whoa nelly, it's pretty tough this time around! You look wonderful....and here's hoping the next 10 weeks go by quick!

Shay said...

I can't believe that you and Andrea are due at the same time, crazy! You are looking great and your hair is so long and beautiful. I know it's hard, if you could've seen my feet last summer, oh, I know your pain. YOu are doing great, seriously, you are so cute prego!

Liz said...

The shirts look great! Tie dye is on my list for this summer, too.

Abbie said...

My doctors told me that an hour of floating in the pool was like half a day's bedrest... great for your tired legs and feet! Unfortunately, they didn't tell me until I was put on bedrest!

Michelle said...

You look great Candace! I can relate to how you are feeling. I keep saying that it's because I'm older too. At least it's all worth it in the end. :)

tweed fox said...

You look wonderful! Those shoes are super cute. :) You make pregnancy look good! ;) -Dara

parenting articles said...

aaawww~ so cute! you are looking great!

Online Parenting Class

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...