Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Vintage Baby Doll Changing Table


Last night Dylan & I were able to get away for a few hours on our own.  It's been a while since we've been able to go on a date, so we were excited to get a few hours to ourselves.  We grabbed some dinner & sat for a while chatting about this & that.  Then we decided to hit a thrift store on our way home. 


I spotted this vintage baby doll changing table & it stole my heart.  Priced only at $6.99 + the 20% discount we got that day for donating & few items when we walked in the door.  I led Dylan to it & asked his opinion.  Should we get it?


He was not immediately sold.  It was dirty & the bigger issue was if we had space for it.  We are limited with space while we're still living with my parents.  But I just knew that I would have a hard time forgetting this piece had I left it there at the store.  In the end I won & it came home with us.  I just love the cute animal decals & plus, what little girl wouldn't love playing with this gem?!

I got it as clean as I could, but the insides of the shelves still seem dirty.  They may need a new coat of paint.  But just as I imagined, the girls flipped out over it & have been quietly playing with it in their room.  They are pretending to be sisters with babies & they are hanging out while their husbands are at work.  :)



Yay for sweet little one of a kind vintage finds.  :)

8 comments:

chanel said...

such a great find! these pictures are precious- along with their story line!!!

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

What a great find! I love it. It looks like it is the perfect height for them too- and all that storage! I want one!! :)

Marty J. Christopher said...

I love it! I also love that they were pretending to be sisters whose husbands were at work! Hilarious! Too cute. You were right to bring it home. : )

Tania said...

It's really adorable! So much nicer than new. I've picked up a vintage dollhouse, a doll highchair and cradle over the past few years.

MissMollyCoddle said...

So glad you didn't leave it behind!! It's too cute and there's nothing worse than a vintage bargain you can't get out of your mind, that you really shouldn't have left behind. They can torment you for years!!

ringmaster said...

it's amazing!

Miss Val's Creations said...

This is adorable! The price is worth the elbow grease to clean it too! ~Val

andrea said...

I've been so bad about keeping up with blogs lately! I love your find! How sweet, & I am so glad you didn't leave it there :) The girls will be such great big sisters.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...