Friday, August 26, 2011

36 Weeks


I'm done.  Seriously.  Can you tell by my face?  Today was a particularly grumpy morning.  The girls flipped out crying & bellyaching when I asked them to get dressed so that we could go run an errand.  Serious hardcore bratty style.  It made me mad!  All they want to do is watch TV or play games on the computer.  I've been tired + lazy & have been letting them indulge more than I should & because of it they have turned into little terrors at times. 

Really they are not that terrible, my sweet little girls...we are all just over the summer.  Temperatures have been so high around here.  Over 110 degrees for the past week or so.  Sure makes for a grumpy 9 months pregnant lady.  I have to remember that affects the kids too.  We are just worn out & you know what.  It's okay to just take it slow these last few days of summer break.

Good news is that Sadie starts back at school on Monday.  I'm so excited for her.  I feel bad that she has to go to school when it's still over 100 degrees out, but better than sitting around the house because it's too hot to go out.  I want to just squeeze her & tell her to stop growing up so fast!  By the way, her other front tooth fell out last week.  I never knew that I could love a toothless smile so much!


So I'm at 36 weeks now with the pregnancy.  I found out at my doctor appointment earlier this week that I am dilated to a 4 & 70% effaced.  This is totally strange for me.  Not at all consistent with my last two pregnancies.  I was dying with pain when I was at a 4 with Claire.  That's the point that I couldn't think I could do it anymore & asked for an epidural. 

We have 3 more weeks until my scheduled repeat c-section.  I know it is entirely possible that I could stay at a 4 until then.  Still I keep wondering if I'll go into labor before that.  So that's added a bit of anxiety.  I'm concerned about getting everything ready, the house cleaned & all projects finished in case he decides to come early. 

Because we don't have a closet for the baby, we created a little wardrobe out of a bookshelf.  Now this genius idea is not mine.  Rachel at Smile and Wave created a really awesome retro cool one for her son.  I knew that this would be the perfect solution for us & so affordable too!


Just need to get the crib bumper sewn.  I washed the fabric for that project yesterday, so we're ready to go whenever my energy level permits.  :)

Last night I had an emotional breakdown.  I couldn't hold back the tears.  I think I told Dylan that I couldn't do this any longer.  I don't really remember feeling like this with any other pregnancy.  I just want to feel better.  I want my old body back & my energy!

Then I have moments almost daily when I think about holding this little baby in my arms & every single time I cry.  I just cannot hold back the emotion.  I feel like I've waited a lifetime for this baby to be here with me.  The waiting has gone on long before the start of this pregnancy.  It is just so special.  So then I decide not to think about how I feel physically because in the end it is worth it & I would gladly go through even more hard times just to have this baby.

15 comments:

Linen and Tulle said...

I haven't commented much but you are on my reader. I've had four and I remember coming back from the doctor's appt crying because I was still pregnant. That last month is the longest ever. Hang in there and it will be over. Honestly.

Jeni said...

Sending happy thoughts and hugs your way! :)

sewdarnlucky said...

I don't think you need to finish the bumpers. I highly recommend you read this article regarding the use of bumpers in cribs.

http://pediatrics.about.com/od/babyproducts/a/crib-bumpers.htm

Candace said...

I know there are differing opinions about crib bumpers, but I much prefer a bumper to the hard sides of the crib. I totally respect the choice to not use one though.

Amber Liddle said...

You look so cute! I remember hating people saying that the last month when I felt like a whale :) But it's true, you look good.

I LOVE that idea for a wardrobe! We have closets but they are awkward and don't have a good hanging rod, I may have to use this idea. Don't you just love getting it all together?

Janilyn said...

Hang in there the last month is the worst! I just had my second baby in June in Texas heat so I feel ya. With my first I had every thing done by 30 weeks but this time we were doing stuff the day before my induction. I have just started following your blog and enjoy your ideas

Teri said...

Hang in there mama. I am expecting my first grand baby who is overdue by 4 days. My daughter will be enduced on Monday night, and we are all so nervous about that. We're just praying baby girl decides to come on her own tonight, tomorrow, the next day? please hurry baby girl :)

chanel said...

giiiirl! it won't be long and that little miracle will have you goin crazy sleepless and all that fun newborn insanity! It ain't gonna get easier and you certainly ain't getting any kind of energy back, so don't set yourself up. Just live this moment- like you're doing. It is going to slip away in just 4 weeks and then you'll be a mama of 3!
Holding and loving on him is going to feel so great, im jealous.
And just know its that dang Vegas heat- RIDICULOUS! 110! COME ON! Of course you're all goin nuttso. It will be ok. I love you, and I LOVE you pregnant!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!? YOU LOOK SOOOOO PERFECT! You are a GORGEOUS woman anyway, but that big ol' healthy fertile belly is just beautiful on you. I wish I could hug you, and take your girls and have them play with mine. Life is unfair. and go make that bumper! i wish i had a link that said bumperless cribs are tortuous, but i don't, all i have is my opinion that bumper rule. so link dat. xoxoxo

Marty said...

You know what's crazy? One day you'll probably find yourself wishing to be at that big n' pregnant stage again. (Not that YOU personally are...we all get there eventually while preggo!) At least I do.

So exciting that you'll get to hold your lil one soon! :)

Lauralee said...

oh man Candace! You can do it. That last haul is a killer, and that heat! You really are amazing! And I LOVE your yellow and grey skirt. You look beautiful

Natalie said...

hang in there! all of my gals and i have heartily agreed that our third pregnancies were by far the hardest, emotionally and physically. we also have agreed that they were the quickest to recover from-emotionally and physically. ;) congrats and you can do it!

Carolina said...

You are soooo close! And yes, the killer heat here in Vegas doesn't help. I was 9 months preggo in August, in Vegas, 3 years ago. The entire last month I was 3cm dilated and 60% effaced. And it took 8 hours of pitocin to get me to the 4th centimeter! So, yeah, it is possible that you could last the full three weeks (though I know you're wishing that nature will tell the doc that time is limited)!
Good Luck!

Sherry said...

Not much longer!

amanda said...

sadies mouth looks lots like lilys. her top tooth came out and both teeth next to the 2 bottom teeth.. soon the other big one will come out.i'm so happy for you and your cute belly

amanda said...

Ugh. I get so cranky when I'm hot, and I'm not even pregnant. You are rockin' it, girly. I say indulge away. Yeah you have to recalibrate later, but I think it's worth it sometimes. :D

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...