Tuesday, September 06, 2011

9 Days and Counting


I figured that I'd better pop in here & let you know that I'm still around.  People have started to wonder if my absence means that I've gone to the hospital & delivered this baby.  Not so.  Just thought I'd let you know.

A man in the shampoo aisle at Target yesterday asked me, "Are you ready to pop?!"  When I replied that I had a week or so left, he then asked, "Are you feeling alright?".  I thought that was nice that he was concerned about me.  :)

There's a stain on my shirt in that photo above...and I really don't care.  I don't have much energy left to care about too much these days.

My body aches.  Specifically my sides & my hips & my pelvic bones.  I  have never felt this weighed down by pregnancy before.  But then, I've never dilated prior to 40 weeks & I've never had a baby drop in the way this one has.  By the end of the day it's just too uncomfortable to walk or even sit.  I have to lay down.  I feel like an old lady.  And I've continued to feel older & older as this pregnancy gets further along.  I'm feeling about 85 years old these days.  Not really, but then again, yeah really.....in some ways.  My bones are rickety, I have no energy & I can get pretty dang cranky at times.

Dylan & I admit to each other last night that we are both feeling nervous about the baby's arrival.  I have been feeling nervous for quite some time because being cut open again is reason enough to feel anxious, right?  But it's also because it's been quite a few years since we've last done this.  I am confident though that everything will go smoothly & all worries will melt away as soon as we have that soft, warm baby in our arms.

For now I don't want to forget how great Dylan has been.  He's stepped up to help me where I'm falling short with the housework.  Also, he tells me everyday how beautiful I am & I think I know he means it.

9 more days until my scheduled c-section...unless I start into labor before then.

So I really don't have that much longer to tough it out... & then there's a whole new set of aches & pains to get through as I recover from surgery while caring for a newborn.   And it's all so wonderful!  :)

17 comments:

cbhoff said...

Yay! I've been wondering. Every time I see that there's a new post in my reader from you I hope it's saying you had your little baby boy. Can't wait to see him and for you to feel better :) I get the "old lady" feeling. I have super bad hip problems when I'm pregnant and can't walk more than a block without limping and making a sour "I'm in pain" face. Good luck to you all. And, aren't our husbands amazing? Brandt does everything for me these days... wouldn't even let me carry a watermelon from the fridge to the table! I'll admit I looked ridiculous and almost dropped it 3 times :)

Marty said...

Sending many happy thoughts and prayers your way--but yes, you'll be absolutely fine! Though I understand feeling anxious. I had c-sections with all three of my babies, and the first two were done less than a YEAR apart! And all three were done in a 4-year span :) I always worried a little before mine, but everything always went super smoothly.

What an exciting time! Congrats!

Jenn Kirk said...

Best of luck Candace! You must have the same due date as my best friend, because her C-sec is scheduled in 9 days too. I can't imagine how excited you must be to meet your little one!

dana said...

You look adorable. I love seeing a cute tummy like that. I'm sure 9 days feels like an eternity right now. I'm rooting for you over here....achy bones and all. You can do it! Good luck with everything and can't wait to see pics.

Tez said...

Man, I had a summer pregnancy, not fun! Too hot, too tired, too swollen, too everything! I was glad when she came early and ended the pregnancy misery.
Obviously, 9 days prior is kind of late in the game to be sharing this, but I saw it and immediately thought of you. I have wanted to say that you don't have to have another c-section, if you don't want to, for a long time, but I don't know your health story so I dont want to meddle.
This is an inspiring video. http://thecrunchymamacita.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-vba2c-video.html

regardless, I wish you much strength as you deliver this new babe and healing for your body afterward, patience for your brain as you recover and hope of all hopes, a cooperative family!
Blessings.

Jacy said...

Yay so exciting Candace! Wow you are on the other side of the spectrum...I'm still in my first trimester :)
Praying everything will go well (I am so sure it will!) Blessings to you, Dylan, the girls and the new arrival!

Jenny said...

Oh, I hope you go into labor on your own so you won't have to get cut open. You're dilated already, so it can happen!!! Those last few days are sooooo long!

AnnaPK said...

I am feeling for you! My third baby is 5 weeks old now, so I was very recently feeling as awful as you are now. I thought the baby was going to fall out he felt so heavy and he had dropped so early. Good luck and keep your eye on the prize- new babies are the snuggliest things in the universe!!! :)

sweetestthings said...

all the best to you!:)

oaxacaborn said...

I can actually say I know how you feel! My baby (she was born in Jan) dropped a full month before she was due -- OUCH. And then she was nine days late. I could barely walk the last 4 days. DOUBLE OUCH. But so excited for you!

Candace said...

Thanks guys! I've already had 2 c-sections (tried for a VBAC last time w/ no luck) so this one will be a c-section no matter what.

chanel said...

ok. best picture ever!!! i hope it makes you feel NOT FAT, cause look at those skinny minny legs!! I have to RUN my butt off- literally- to even get close to having legs look that CUTE! and that belly makes me want one- real bad. there is a baby in there- a real live human being!!! it is miraculous!! enjoy it, you'll miss one day.

Katie Stapleton said...

How exciting!!! You look so cute! I hope everything goes really well. The shower looked fantastic! Your family are professionals in the cute department...your etsy stuff is darling!

skirtastop said...

Oh yes, I clearly remember those aches and that view of my belly! Not much longer now... :)

secret cake said...

Hang in there, Candace. I remember that achy feeling. Everything was an effort and I was just OVER it. But you're so right...once you get that warm bundle in your arms, it all goes away. Thinking good thoughts for you and wishing all the best during this exciting time for you and your family.

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Candace I am thinking of you and can completely relate to the over it feeling! I think the third and being older really takes it out of you physically x I cannot wait to hear about the arrival of your little one x I have 13 days to go x Bron

Adrienne said...

I've been following your blog for a while now. I'm newly pregnant with my third and have two older little girls too. I'm scared and excited at the same time! I wish you well! You have accomplished so much already with your wonderful blog and little shop. And the best is yet to come! :)

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...