Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Finn's Birth Story


We arrived at the hospital at 5:30 am.  I was a ball of nerves.  I got clammy & flushed & faint & nauseated when getting my IV, which I always do.  But we got through that quickly & before I knew it we were headed back to the operating room.  I was very concerned about going into the same type of post needle shock when getting my spinal block, but I didn't.  All of the nurses + the anesthesiologist were all so nice & friendly.  I really liked them all.

I looooooove my doctor.  He took such good care of me.  Dylan sat by me on the other side of the curtain while the doctors all chit chatted & had some nice social time while working on me.  :)  I guess we were just unaware of what was happening on the other side because when we heard our baby boy cry, we both gasped & looked at each other with shocked eyes.  It was a pretty sweet, unexpected moment that I will never forget.  And boy did he cry.  He was ticked off & I was so, so happy to hear such a hearty cry.  The doctor gave me a quick look at him (the photo above) & he was taken off to be cleaned & checked.  I couldn't help but cry a little as I listened to my baby cry.  It was a sound that at one point I never thought I would ever hear again.


They told me he weighed 7 lbs. 11 oz.  A little off from the 9 lbs. that Dylan had predicted the night before.  My belly did look like there was a humongous baby in it though.  :)


We noticed right away that he had his tongue out a lot.  And that is what people comment on the most.  It's a long pointy tongue & he is always sticking it out.  That he got from me.  My parents say that I was exactly the same way & my tongue is even sticking out in my newborn hospital photo.  We also were surprised at his cute hair.  He has more hair than our girls did.


Not a flattering photo of me, but I was in the middle of being operated on.  :)  We were both so teary & happy.  These moments are so special for our relationship.  I'm glad that I get to have these experiences with such a supportive & awesome husband.

I got to hold Finn about an hour later.  He is beautiful & perfect & I love him so much.  I'm so happy that I get to be his mom.

19 comments:

The Hunter's Prize said...

Congrats! I love when babies stick their tongues out, so darn cute!

New Duds said...

congrats!~ He is just so cute :)

Outofmymind said...

Fresh from Heaven. So great and congrats to you!!!!

the fellers said...

what a great story! I am so happy for you guys!

Truly said...

he's so beautiful! cograts. it makes me REALLY anxious to meet my own little boy...

chris said...

Oh, what a wonderful blessing. So glad that he has arrived safely and all is well.

dana said...

Oh I LOVE that first photo! So great!

skirtastop said...

wonderful story, i'm so happy for you guys! he's just delicious.

Mrs. Sassy Crafter (Fabi) said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Jenny said...

Congratulations, Candace! He's gorgeous!

moxiemandie said...

Congrats! He's so handsome!

My Sweet Prairie said...

WHOOPEE! What a beautiful boy! : )
Happy Birth day!!
~Monika

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

he's such a sweet gift.
-xo

Meme said...

Congratulations for your beautiful baby!!!!!

Kreatita said...

Congratulations with your beautiful baby boy!

ingrid said...

Congratulations! He is adorable.

Katie said...

Congratulations! He really is such a cutie.

And, maybe this is weird, but I just wanted to say thanks for posting about having a C-section in such a nice way. I had a C-section (not by choice, but, ya know) and I imagine that's how all of my future children's births will be. It was really comforting and calming to have somebody post about it like it's a normal thing. Because, for some of us, it has to be. Anyway, this is coming out all wrong, but I hope you know what I mean. Thanks so much.

Anna said...

Congratulations!!! He is beautiful! Hope you have a quick recovery and an amazing first few weeks with baby.

Emily said...

Congratulations Candace! I'm so happy for you. This post made me tear up! He is soooo sweet!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...