Friday, September 30, 2011

Finn's Quilt


Here it is!  Finn's baby quilt.  I am in love with this quilt & am so happy that I finished it before he was born!  I started out with the idea that I would make a patchwork quilt out of solid squares of fabric.  Then I saw this tutorial for half square triangles by Christina of The Sometimes Crafter and I knew that I wanted to try it out!


Now this quilt is not at all perfect.  I can see where many of the squares don't link up or the stitching is the complete opposite of straight, but I love it anyway.  The color combination makes me happy & it totally shows my love for triangles right now.  It's modern & crisp & colorful & awesome. 



I hope Finn likes it too.  His own quilt, made by hand by his mama before we even knew him.  :)




18 comments:

chanel said...

oh. my. heavens!
the quilt is wonderful, but the baby laying on it is TOOOOOOO MUCH! that is the best picture EVER! his tongue!!! oh, he's awesome, like his mama!
happy babying!!

margo said...

i want a new baby and a nice lovely quilt to snuggle them up with! awh! im super jealous Candace!

sewshesews said...

it is perfect and so is he! :) Congrats!

joolee said...

i ADORE those colors! great job on the quilt! what a lucky boy...

Amy said...

I love it, the colors are perfect.
I've been wanting to make a half square triangle quilt in solids and this makes me want to even more, great job.

My Sweet Prairie said...

I am not sure what is more adorable... that quilt? or the name FINN!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE! : )
Monika
sewing in Saskatoon

liz said...

I really love the color combo for this quilt!

Jenny said...

Love it. What fabric/color is the blue? It is my favorite color in the world.

RachelDenbow said...

It's stunning, Candace! I think handmade baby quilts are one of those special time investments that only get better with each passing year. Finn is only fanning this baby fever flame over here!

amanda said...

I. love. this. Did you piece the squares totally randomly, or did you lay them all out first?

Jess said...

It's fabulous! as is his name, Love it!

jenni said...

Um...looks pretty darn perfect to me. And what a sweet little baby!!!!!!!!

Jenn Kirk said...

Wow, so gorgeous. I think Finn likes it too : )

Elizabeth Moon said...

This is one of my favorite quilts I've ever seen! Seriously!

myredbike said...

I love it! The colours, the simplicity, the baby... it's all wonderful!

Beautiful Little Fool said...

This is so gorgeous! What is the finished size?

Amy P said...

The colour combo is awesome - I have such a hard time picking just the right colours. Great job!

Nik at boldgoods.com said...

Saw this on pinterest, I love HST quilts. Great job on the colors!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...