Thursday, September 22, 2011

Guest Post - 397miles

W R A P: VINYL TYPE & TWINE BOX

Hi! My name is Christine and I am the color loving lady (and graphic designer) behind the blog 397miles.com. I share the blog with my talented lady friend, Jessica, who lives 397 miles away. I enjoy sharing all things I make, eat and am inspired by.

That said, I am a h u g e fan of gift wrapping and love to find fun and easy ways to spice up my packages. Just the other week I made this petite paper skillet for my husband’s birthday. In excitement for the arrival of baby boy Todd, this is a cute and colorful way you can liven up a simple kraft box for a lovely baby boy!



SUPPLIES

• 3 - 2.5” x 3.75” cover stock cards (I hand painted these cards but you can easily substitute with solid or patterned paper.)

• Hole Punch

• Twine (I used Divine Twine, an eco-luxe twine that can be found at Olive Manna’s shop.)

• Scissors

• 2” Vinyl Letters

• Kraft or white box (like this one from Etsy)





MAKE IT

1. If desired, hand paint 2.5” x 3.75” cards. If using colored or patterned paper, skip this step.

2. Punch cards on top and bottom.

3. Measure all 4 sides of the box. Add additional 3” to total length. That will be the length to cut 3 pieces of twine.

4. Feed twine through punch and center card on twine.

5. Peel and apply vinyl letters to cards. (Vinyl is repositionable.)

6. Assemble by wrapping twine around box and secure with double knot on the back side.

7. Hand deliver or ship to loved one.




This little gem will be shipped to Mrs. Candace asap. Congratulations dear!

4 comments:

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

i am in LOVE with this wrapping. so clever and fresh!!

Anna said...

I love new ideas for gift wrapping- what a good one this is! Thanks!

rebecca said...

adorable!! :) so simple and cute. Thanks for sharing. Rebecca

kiki comin said...

love, love, love. i will be pinning this for future packaging.:)

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...