Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Guest Post - Hart + Sew

Hello! My name is Stacy Hart and I am happy to be stepping in for Candace while she spends some well earned time resting and cuddling her sweet baby boy! Congratulations!

The first thing you should know about me is I love all things children's vintage. I am also a wife to a handsome husband, and a mother to LM (3) and Lark (6 months), who are both blonde, blue-eyed dolls - one sports ringlets, the other peach fuzz and pixie ears. I stay at home with my girls and whenever I can find the time I work on my vintage children's etsy shop, and blog over at hart + sew where I give peeks into our lives, share craft projects and lucky thrift finds, and dress up my girls (and sometimes myself) in pretty vintage frocks.

My niece who is the same age as LM has a birthday coming up and I wanted to make something special to give her. I love to sew vintage patterns, and recently came across this darling 1920's felt cloche pdf pattern. With fall just around the corner I thought it would be the perfect unique gift!

Of course, I couldn't resist making one for my little girl too and it was so easy I just might make another! I had LM model them for me during a trip to the park on a warm day, but I can't wait to pair the hat with a cute pea coat and scarf when the weather turns cooler.

When I sew vintage patterns I like to imagine the sweet little girls many years ago who wore these same styles...and I'm sure they probably made silly faces while wearing them too!


sewshesews said...

sigh. just gorgeous! I adore the birds one.

Rose said...

I've been waiting to hear more about the birds hat, Stacy! I love the primary colors in the first one. Vintage clothing tends to use more primary colors than we do now, so that really keeps the pattern in touch with it's time. Love it!

Sarah said...

I am SO in love with these hats. Seriously so talented!

- Sarah

ingrid said...

This is so gorgeous! I can't wait to make one for my small girl.

Stacy said...

thanks for the opportunity candace, hope you are recovering well!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...