Friday, September 16, 2011

Guest Post - The Modern Marigold

Today we welcome Amanda from The Modern Marigold as our guest blogger.  Be sure to stop by her adorable blog & check out her darling etsy shop.  Thanks, Amanda!!

Two things save my bacon when there's a new baby around here:


freezer meals (ok, a little Ben & Jerry's never hurts)
paper plates.

Yep, I said it. I am shamelessly fair-weather conservationist, at least when it comes to the noxious combination of dirty dishes + new baby + no dishwasher. Ahem.

And what better to put on those beautiful paper plates than a hot, tasty, home-cooked freezer meal? Hmmm? 

I am a huge fan of make-ahead cooking, though I don't do it as often as I'd like. There really is nothing better than remembering on a crazy/busy/lazy day that dinner is already in the freezer. I think our collective autumnal chipmunk genes must be kicking in, 'cause it seems like Pinterest has been swimming in make-ahead links lately. Here is a little roundup of some of my faves. Happy freezer cooking!

Freezable Breakfasts via iVillage
Freezer Meals for Us via Freezer Meals for Us
Freezer-Friendly Meals via What's Cookin, Chicago?
Stocking the Freezer via Annie's Eats
Freezer Meals on the Cheap via A Turtle's Life for Me
Freezer Cooking via Mama and Baby Love
Freezer Meals via Fabulessly Frugal
Best Make-Ahead Meals via Parents Connect
Freezer Meals via It's All Happening
Easy Freezer Meals via Southern Living

(This is how I know I'm getting old: thoughts of owning a chest freezer make my heart beat faster.)

Anybody have some fab make-ahead links or recipes we need to know about?

Thanks for having me over, Candace! I think I speak for everyone when I say we seriously can't wait to meet your sweet little guy!!


Miss Val's Creations said...

I love freezing things that are made in large batches such as soup and lasagna! I have a number of freezable containers that are serving size so when I am ready to have one for dinner I start defrosting it in the fridge the night before. ~Val

chris said...

I agree...we all need paper plates at certain times in our lives. Thanks for the great list of freezer meals. :)

Maggie said...

Hey Candace,
I was super excited to see that my blog was on this guest post. You were in Bonanza View ward in Vegas with us. Great to see you!
Maggie Goebel of

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...