Wednesday, September 14, 2011

We Meet Him Tomorrow


The gestation period of this quilt has been just as long as the gestation period of this baby.  But I'm happy that in these last few moments before baby comes, I was able to sit & hand stitch the binding on as part of my relaxing time.  I started this quilt before I even knew if we were having a boy or a girl.  I started this quilt when I was still very worried & scared about the baby's early development & growth.  Would this baby survive?  I was scared, but also so excited & happy.

It feels like this has been the longest pregnancy of my life & once again I sit feeling scared & worried.  This time about the hospital & needles & surgery & pain & how my girls will be while I'm away & if this baby will be healthy & well.  And once again I'm working on the same quilt.  Perhaps I needed this quilt to sit on the shelf until this very time when I would need to keep my hands busy in order to keep my mind clear.

Early tomorrow morning we head to the hospital.  We will keep you posted on the baby's arrival.  I've already put Dylan on assignment to update the blog, but it may be a day later.  We do not have fancy phones or laptops or iPads.  Might be best to check my twitter feed, since that is the only place I send status updates from my phone.

I have asked some awesome bloggers to come by & guest post for me while I am in the hospital & during the first few weeks home with the baby.  They are all amazing & lovely women who have put together some seriously cool posts for you during my leave.  You will not want to miss out!  The guest posts will start appearing on the blog as of tomorrow.  Please be the dears that you are & welcome them well.  Comment on their posts & visit their websites to say hello.  Won't you please?

I will be popping in every now & then with photos of the babe & updates as our family works through this awesome change.  I probably don't say it enough, but thank you for reading my blog!  I have the sweetest readers & I'm so glad that I can share my life & connect with such great friends through this blog.


16 comments:

Jeni said...

We'll be thinking of you! Hope all goes smoothly! :)

Mrs. Sassy Crafter (Fabi) said...

omgosh I would feel nervous too, and so anxious! I wish you the best, that everything runs as smoothly as possible, I know Heavenly Father is sending a wonderful being to your home!!! what a blessing Candace!!!! =0)

Katie said...

Best wishes!

Kayanna said...

Good luck to you and your family and Congrats!!! :)

skirtastop said...

good luck tomorrow, candace! all will be fine, and you get to bask in the sleepy but wonderfully snuggly newborn phase again! take care, we'll be thinking of you.

and the quilt looks great! perfect for a little guy. :)

chris said...

I am so excited for you. Best wishes for a safe and happy delivery.

AnnaPK said...

Good luck tomorrow!!!

Anna said...

Good luck tomorrow!! Can't believe you are going to be holding your little one in less than 24 hours... How wonderful!

My Sweet Prairie said...

Surgery - a c-cection I assume? I've had 2 unplanned and one planned. I now consider my body to be a human quilt, and the surgeon is one high paid quilter!!!

: )
hope that brings you a giggle.
YAY FOR NEW BABIES!!!

~Monika in Canada

chanel said...

wooooooooooohooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
its gonna be WONDERFUL!
can't wait to hear all about him!!!!!
yay!!!!!!!11
love ya

The Hunter's Prize said...

Congrats! I will be thinking of you and praying that all goes well for you and the new baby. Can't wait to see the newest addition to your family!

Marty said...

Congratulations! Soon you will be holding your baby and all the worries will be just something long forgotten, as you drink in that beautiful new face. Wishing you and your family all the best!

p.s. Can't wait to see pics!

phalloeun @ growing grandbergs said...

how awesome!!!!

Tez said...

sending you tons of good vibes and happy thoughts for courage and strength for all of you in this. I'm sure the little girls will be cared for in loving hands, arranged for by their Mama, who adores them! I wish you peace as you prepare to gaze on the gorgeous face of your new babe and clarity as you and your honey bond with the new arrival. I cannot WAIT to see the cutie you produce this time! *with such a high cuteness factor in your babies, I think you should do this a lot more! ;p*

Marty J. Christopher said...

Congrats, Candace! Can't wait to meet the newest addition to your family! I'm sending out positive thoughts! : )

Tess said...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and sending the most positive vibes! Bless you for bringing another loved child into a sweet family!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...