Wednesday, November 16, 2011

For Health & Strength


We are in the middle of a 12 day stretch of work for Dylan & in addition he's had to work late most days.  I keep telling myself that this is no big deal & then I have moments where I want to pull all my hair out or cry uncontrollably.  Hello, dinner time until bed time.

Shortly after Finn's surgery...like 4 days after...we noticed what looked like another fistula forming.  We tried treating it with a round of antibiotics, but it's gotten worse & needs another surgery.  We go in tomorrow morning for that.  The pediatric surgeon told us that it's not common for babies this young to get fistulas & although fistulas can be recurring, he's never had a patient have another fistula so shortly after the first one.  So that's awesome, right?  :)

This sweet baby boy is hurting, so I'll be happy to get through this procedure once again.  Today I am holding this baby & bouncing & swaying to keep him somewhat happy.  I'm tired.  I am praying that this is the last time we go through this.

My amazing sister in law delivered her baby at 24 weeks last Saturday night.  I can't even imagine what she & my brother are going through.  Their sweet little baby girl, Ruby, weighs 1 pound 3.8 ounces.  Can you imagine?!  The wonderful news is that that tiny baby continues to do well. 

Our issues with Finn seem so minor compared to baby Ruby & the struggles that she & her family will have in the next few months. 

You know it would be so much easier sometimes if we could just see the future.  Then we'd know what was in store for us just down the road & we wouldn't have to fret so much in the mean time.  But then we wouldn't have the opportunity to really rely on the Lord & build our faith in Him.  And I believe that if we pay very close attention, God will let us know that everything will be fine even when we are right in the middle of our hard times.

For now our family continues to pray for the babies...and also for the adults.  Everything is going to be alright.  It always is.

17 comments:

MissSumner said...

I'll be praying for little Finn & Ruby. My nephew was a miracle baby too!! He's 3 now and perfect! Those few weeks in the NICU after his birth were scary but, an awesome reminder of God's greatness! Nothing short of a miracle when a healthy baby is born.

chanel said...

i was going to call you today and find out the latest with ruby. glad she is a fighter! we pray for her every night, and we will put Mr. Finn right back in our prayers. POOR BOY! It is totally normal and allowed and preferred by other mothers that have BEEN THERE for you to cry and pull your hair out. Wish it wasn't cause Finn is hurting though. I hope all goes well, even BETTER this time.
He is dang handsome Candace. He has really changed and filled out already. Such a cutie.
we love you guys.

Teri said...

aww, me too, I pray for all the babies.

chris said...

Hoping all goes well for both little cousins.

The Hunter's Prize said...

Praying for you and your sister! It's never easy when a baby is not well!

skirtastop said...

Oh Candace (and family), hang in there. I'll be praying for both Finn and Ruby. Poor little babes. Take care.

amanda said...

That is what my dad always says.... that it will all work out, because it always does. Still, that doesn't make the view from where you are too much easier to handle. Love + hugs... I am thinking of you and praying for your family + especially your boy. Kissy kissy.

Heather said...

and daily food we praise thy name oh Lord. Sorry, loved your title, just wanted to finish the song. I think that you said it so beautifully. We have to rely and then listen because He does know us and love us and will answer us and reassurance will come when we are paying attention. We love all of you. I remember all too well the dinner to bedtime routine. Heck, it's still hard. Just different hard. Hang in there. Little Finn is in our prayers. Even though its not nearly as scary as Ruby's situation, it's still scary. He's little and it's hard to hand them over. All will be well and you can do this.

amanda said...

i totally agree. I wish i could see in the future too, but then we wouldn't learn what Heavenly Father wants us too, which isn't easy sometimes. I'll pray for your little guy.

Faddict said...

Oh, sorry he's gotta go through surgery again:( Thinking healing thoughts:)

missbossypants said...

Sending a tearful (your post was so moving) prayer up to God for all of you! God Bless little Ruby and Finn, may they be blessed with health and strength, and may you (and the other adults) be blessed with patience, hope and rest! Your faith is beautiful, thank you for the reminder of all that we have through Him.

Melissa said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. I will definitely keep that darling boy and his family in my prayers. It's amazing what we are capable of enduring. Crying sounds so appropriate and healing right now. Hugs and prayers heading your way...

kiki comin said...

so praying for your family...all of you. loved this post..so sweet.

Michelle said...

i'm so sorrry.. i'm not sure if i commented on the previous posts about Finn. But my husband has dealt with this issue. and other pertaining to that area since he was 12. I told him Finn's situation and we both just feel so deeply for his sweet little body! I will definitely keep him and your family in my prayers. It is so mind boggling how life works sometimes. Keep bein strong for those sweet spirits. Love to you!

andrea said...

Oh I just want to hug you. To say you've been our thoughts is an understatement. I am so sorry. I know what you mean about there being worse situations, but still it's sad to see Finn have to go through all of this & hard on you too as the momma. It will pass & I am so glad he's healthy. We will keep you in our prayers.

Michelle said...

Thinking of you and your family tonight, and praying for peace of mind and body for all of you.

Amber Liddle said...

Oh my, I missed this post. First of all, poor Finn. I hope things get better for him, and for you guys too!

Secondly, I will be thinking of your family and the teeny preemie. When I had a preemie and saw the other babies in the NICU, it made me realize they can do a LOT now to keep those babies healthy! It's scary but you take it one day at a time and know the drs are doing everything they can.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...