Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Garage Sale for Baby Ruby


A little bit back, I briefly mentioned that my brother & sister-in-law had to have their baby prematurely.  (Many of you commented & e-mailed me since then.  Thank you so much for your thoughts & concern.)  My sister-in-law developed eclampsia & it became necessary for her to deliver her sweet baby girl at only 24 weeks.  Well, cute little Ruby was born & weighed only 1 lb. 3.8 oz.  She is now one month old.  She's done very well, but has had to have 2 surgeries already.  One for a perforated bowel & one to close a valve in her heart.  We have no idea how long she'll need to stay in the hospital.

Our family has really come together to pray for Ruby & her parents.  They live in Idaho, while we're all in Nevada & we really wish that we could do anything & everything to help them to feel loved & supported through this time while Ruby is in the NICU.

My siblings & I have decided to organize a garage sale to raise funds for them to put towards Ruby's medical bills.  At this time of year, we are all cleaning out our closets & organizing & figured it would be a good time to hold a garage sale.

The garage sale will be on Saturday, January 7th.

If you are local & would like to help, we would love it!  Here's what you can do:

1.  Donate items (no junk) for the garage sale.  We would love it if you could deliver the items to us.  Please note that the drop off location is in the East side of town.  Please e-mail me at SparklePowerCandace@gmail.com for more details.
Anything left over will be donated to Deseret Industries thrift store.

2.  Come shop the garage sale!  I will keep you posted on the location & will remind you a few days prior to the sale.

3.  Say a prayer, or 2, or 3, or more for Ruby.


We love this baby girl so much, even though we've never even been able to meet her in person.  Her strength inspires us to live our lives with more determination.  My brother doesn't know that we are cooking up this little fundraiser.  Although he may find out through word of mouth, or if he checks the internet.   My sisters & I (there are 5 of us girls) can't resist the urge to want to help our little brother & hopefully we'll have some fun in the process.  Thank you in advance for your help. 

7 comments:

Carmella said...

Prayers going up for this sweet baby girl....I don't know her, but she has reminded me of how precious life is. I hope the sale is a great success!

Lia said...

I don't live in town but if you happen to do anything online I'll gladly do some shopping.

I also had preeclampsia and delivered my daughter at 28 weeks. She weighed less than two pounds but is now a bright and healthy nine year old. My heart goes out to your family because I know there are many ups and downs. Sending our prayers.

chanel said...

Way to go candace, this is such a great idea! We'll send a lil sumin sumin for our angel baby that is in our prayers EVERY DaY.
Love you guys!!
And Caitlin and Russel and Ruby!

Tanya said...

Prayers from our house, too.

Heather & Greg said...

Count me in! I love that sweet baby already! I will start on the decluttering & come up with some goods!

The Lawrences said...

wish I could help....but I am in Idaho too, not Nevada!

Vicky said...

What a wonderful idea. I would love to help, however I live in Australia. I also got pre-eclampsia when pregnant with my twin boys. They were born at 29 weeks and weighed 2lbs each. My thoughts and prayers will be for little Ruby and my heart goes out to your brother and sister-in-law as well xx

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...