Friday, February 17, 2012

Fiber is Cool


Hi!  Happy Friday!  Our alligator pull toy has been wearing 3D glasses for a week now.  Kids are so clever!

While we are here eating our lunch & listening to The Whitest Boy Alive, I felt the need to tell you about a high fiber snack the kids & I have been enjoying for the last few months.  It's Cracklin' Oat Bran!!!



Sadie's urologist introduced us to Cracklin' Oat Bran at her first visit.  Because constipation can lead to UTI's she needs to eat lots of fiber & drink lots of water.  They suggest this cereal for a high fiber snack.  We all love it & I pack it in little baggies for a snack when we leave the house.  They taste like cinnamon graham crackers. 

I shared some with a friend recently while we waited for a church meeting to start.  She said, "What is that!?  It looks like horse food!"  But she tried & enjoyed & then ended up buying some Cracklin' Oat Bran to snack on with her daughter.  She won her daughter over to them by telling her that it's Claire's favorite snack & now they are in the Cracklin' Oat Bran club too!!!

Woohoo!  Yay for fiber!

10 comments:

Amy said...

I have that same issue with my youngest daughter.
For some reason she just needs extra fiber cause we already eat alot. I make her lots of muffins with whole grains, here is a link to one that we love http://rainbowgardens.com/muffinrecipe.html
I half the recipe (and it still makes a ton) and use butter instead of shortening because shortening grosses me out. They are absolutely delish with honey butter.
And I agree Cracklin oat bran is good.

Amy said...

I usually use whole wheat flour that I grind myself too. Or half white flour and half wheat.

DKB said...

we used to eat this when i was a kid. thats quite awhile ago:) we always said it looked like dog food

Anna said...

You know, I used to love that cereal, but I kind of forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me! I'll have to go and pick some up on my next shopping trip.

Candace said...

Ooooh. Those sound good. We'll have to try those. Thanks for sharing!

Mike and Jen said...

that is my favorite cereal!

jen

annie and m said...

My youngest sweet girl was diagnosed with encopresis 2 years ago & we are always looking for fiber snacks she will love (because after this long, she gets tired of the same thing if we offer it to her all the time, ha!). I'm gonna have to give these a try!
--Anna

chanel said...

can't wait to try!!! thanks!!

Peggy-Sue said...

Thank you so much for this tip! As hard as I try, it's difficult upping the amount of fiber in my children's diets (and my two oldest boys could really use the extra help) but I think they'll love this cereal as a snack. Plus, I remember loving this cereal as a kid, but I haven't had it in years!

Marmot Mom said...

Gotta share my Cracklin Oat Bran story, Candace! My husband ALSO used to say it looked like kibble and called it Cracklin Dog Food. The kids and I loved it. For my son's 3rd (or maybe 4th?!) birthday party, we had a dog theme. For goodie bags, I threw in a couple of small dog-themed toys, baked cookies in the shape of bones and included a little packet of Cracklin Oat Bran in each, with some kind of cute note about "Puppy Chow." One little girl eagerly opened the cereal bag and popped a piece into her mouth. Her mother was across the room talking to me, and suddenly her head shot up and she screamed: "BROOKE! SPIT THAT OUT! IT"S DOG FOOD!" Geez! What kind of mother did she think I was, giving real dog food to toddlers??!! I was insulted! LOL, just kidding! I actually thought it was pretty funny--especially the look on her face when I told her it was cereal! Thanks for the memory :)

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...