Sunday, February 05, 2012

Rag Curls


We've been trying out a few no heat curling methods on the girls hair recently.  This weekend we did rag curls.  Claire has been bugging me to do this for a while.  So the rags went in damp hair on Saturday night & when removed Sunday morning, these girls had curly hair for church.


These curling methods work so well for Sadie's long, thick hair.  I love the results.  For Claire it's a little more tricky because her hair is much more thin & it's short.  So she ends up with frizzy, kinky curls.  Both of the girls hair requires some curling touch ups with the flat iron...smoothing out some super tight curls & curling pieces that fell out or didn't take the curl.  You can see in Claire's hair that the pieces that I had to fix with the curling iron, just didn't hold the curl as well as the rag curled pieces, but she still looked cute.  They were all dolled up for church!




4 comments:

Dawn Trest said...

How sweet! I remember my sisters and I doing this when we were kids...so exciting to have curly hair for a day!
xo, Dawn
www.hellodearie.com

Suzie said...

oh wow---the memories....

Amber Liddle said...

We've been reading Little House books and they talk about rag curls! Ingrid will probably never have long enough hair to do this, so I'm glad we can see these pictures so she knows what "rag curls" means :)

SewTara said...

My mom did this to my hair when I was little, I remember it turning out so awesome.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...