Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Behind the Scenes: New Tooth Fairy Pillows



I'm so very excited about our newly designed tooth fairy pillows!  I adore my old version with the sweet little hand embroidered tooth, but the fact of the matter was that they were taking me too long to make for what I felt was reasonable to charge for them.  I didn't want to make them anymore & well, you learn in this business that if it's not enjoyable to create the items, then you end up unhappy & you lack motivation & it takes you even longer to make everything because you loose that excitement & that pep in your step.   (That last sentence was too long, but you get what I'm saying.)  Also, I didn't want to stop making the tooth fairy pillows altogether because I can see in my shop stats that they are very highly searched in my shop.  Which means that people want them.  And I want to give people what they want.

Since coming out of my pregnancy funk, I am feeling more inspired these days & well, I'm riding that wave & taking my products to the next level.  I've become a bit obsessed with Spoonflower & decided to have Dylan design my tooth fairy pillow pockets so that they could be printed onto fabric that I could simply cut & start sewing.  So we made it happen & my fabric arrived in the mail last week.

I love his design!  Sadie & Claire really love that the tooth has teeth & so do I.

I spent the last few days getting to work on these puppies.  I've got a local craft show coming up next week (I'll post the info on that tomorrow) so I need some for that & I just was excited to see them made!   So I have them sitting around the house in various stages of completion.  They've all been cut & paired up with the pillow fabric:



Some are now sewn together waiting to be stuffed:



And a laundry basket of pillows that are stuffed but waiting to be sewn shut:


Oh, I'm so excited about these.  I'll let you know when they're up in the shop.  Soon!!

10 comments:

Amy said...

so creative. These are so much fun!

Loni said...

What a great idea! I love the design too.

Brenda said...

Sooo adorable! I have been meaning to check out Spoonflower. What does it end up working out to per yard?

chanel said...

WHOA!!!!!!!!! THESE ARE RAD!!!!!!!!11

Candace said...

If you are purchasing your own designs, it's $16.20 per yard + shipping. If you are buying someone elses design it's $18.00 per yard + shipping.

Candace said...

Thank you!! I love them so much!

Mike and Jen said...

The second I saw the first 2 pictures I knew you were gonna mention spoonflower! They are so cute! I'm so glad they are easier for you to make now that you are a mom of 3! Great job Candace.

Meg said...

Those are so darling!! I love the contrasting fabric that you put them on. Good work!

Katie Lewis said...

These are super adorable! And I totally agree about making things to sell. It's really only fun as long as it's fun. :)

Best wishes with the craft show!

Heather said...

Those are adorable! Glad we have one of the original stitched ones:)

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...