Made a new seat cover for the old high chair last week! This is a project that was supposed to be done before Finn was born, but I never got around to it. Also, I think I was a little intimidated by the project & not really sure if I could pull it off.
We received this high chair as a gift when Sadie was born over 7 years ago. When we pulled it out of storage this time, the cover was useless. It had been exposed to too much heat so the fabric on the back was just disintegrating. Since it's come time for me to start feeding Finn solids, I had to get a new cover made.
Of course I could have gone out & bought a whole new highchair (a more modern & well designed one), but I like to live by the use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without rule.
So I just jumped into it, using the old cover as a pattern & a thrifted blue striped sheet as my fabric. It has a layer of batting on the back & I used yellow double fold bias tape for the edges.
I'm not going to lie...I am really proud of myself for sewing this. I felt awesome when I finished it. I guess I shouldn't doubt my sewing skills. :)
And here is the big boy sitting in the highchair:
He really is such a beast. Here's Claire in the same chair (with the old cover) at 5 months & at 7 months. She was my 50th percentile baby. Finn will be 6 months in a little over a week. :)