Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Things I Learned in March

This post is a little bit late.  It's been sitting, waiting to be published for days!  I did actually learn a few things in March.  Here they are:

- The food I eat affects my mood.  When I eat good food, I generally have a good attitude.  When I make bad food choices, it puts me in a crummy mood.  Lately, I've been allowing myself to be a little naughty & indulge in some not so good for me foods on the weekends.  It's been such a bad idea, because I end up craving those foods again during the week & so I continue to eat them & then I'm in a bad mood a lot.  Slapping myself on the wrist & trying to start over making clean, healthy food choices.

- I taught a lesson at church in Young Womens earlier in March.  The lesson was on supporting family members.  I had listened to this really great podcast about love the week before.  It crept into the lesson quite a bit.  Especially the part about loving more.  I've thought about that often more.

I also loved this quote from the lesson:  “Be one who nurtures and builds. Be one who has an understanding and a forgiving heart, who looks for the best in people. Leave people better than you found them” -Marvin J. Ashton

- This post by Tara Whitney is definitely worth a read.  She's figured so much out.  I feel like I'm working in the same direction.  Trying to figure things out.  Noticing what doesn't work in my life & trying to see how I can fix it.  Trying to decide what deserves my limited amount of time the most & focusing on that.

-  I like blogging, but if I don't have time for it, then that's okay.  The last thing I want is for my blog to become a source of stress for me.  I try my hardest to be here regularly & to post good stuff.  I just want this blog to be natural & genuine & real.  That is my goal.

1 comment:

Gingiber said...

Thanks for being genuine :) Always enjoy hearing about your life. And also, I am the same way about what I eat affecting me!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...